Mt Palmer WA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mt Palmer WA

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:08 pm

Now here's a question that has been bugging me for a long time. Mt Palmer was once described as possibly the richest alluvial ground in WA.
It's in reports and the little guys actually took on the the big companies back in the 1930's if I remember and they won, in the Mining Wardens Court.

But when you look at the Geo maps, all the mining took place on the western edge of the salt pans and there wasn't much mining from what I can see. Apart from dig it up and f**k off stuff.

The only map I have doesn't show any fault lines not that it matters. So my question is, why only on the western side.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Mt Palmer WA

Post by Guest on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

Nuggs

Its only on the west side cause of the thin Greenstone belt that runs nth/sth on that side, rest
of the area is crap geology for gold..

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:52 pm

yeh petes spot on as usual nugs. Bugger all greenstone so basicaly bugger all gold bearing ground. Question though - do these geo maps look at only the outcroping geo? Is it possible there is buried greenstone under say the lake? Fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

Hi FB

They show whats at the surface "ie" top 200mtrs, but most Geo Maps come with accompanying Notes
which tell of the Basal rock Strata etc.
Have a look at this.

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t962-geological-structures-and-maps#5950

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

mt palmer wa

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

had a few hours research today and come up with this area. then had a look on here and sounds like it's a known spot.think it still worth a swing near there or well and truley hammered out ? few k's north off mt palmer only a thin stretch worth a look but i'm looking for a weekender trip so close would be good.
cheers
jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

Hi Jason
You are correct, Mt Palmer is pretty much a tourist place. I've never been there but I hear it has been hammered over the years. I guess it's always worth a look and a walk, ya got nothing to lose except a day detecting maybe.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:35 am

yor prob better off choosing somewhere with a big expanse of greenstone. That mite increase yor chances. I rekn mt palmer is flogd as all the newbies seem to go there. Prob because it was so rich 4 the old boys.fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

Dont waste ya time there Jase.
Do a bit of research on the country 100 klms nth of there Wink some rich areas just been proven up.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

It all comes down to where people want to go and at no time should we try to influence their choices no matter what.
Try to help,YES, but never tell them where to go. Its what they call a "learning curve".

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

Its called helping a bloke out Cliff, not swaying their mind cobber, if
i would have been told not to bother at all the shitholes i wasted my time on i woulda been happy as a fat kid eatin cupcakes Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

Hey Jase,
That's where the club took us for my first swing. It's like Hay St when the summer specials are on. A lot of
people lived there during the rush and I reckon it's picked pretty clean. I'd take Pete's advice and head North
of there. lwkgthgt
ps, Nuggs please dont make the learning curve too steep at my age.
Zap.
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum