XT17000 - just a comment about the old days

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XT17000 - just a comment about the old days

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

I first got hooked on gold, commonly known as "Gold Fever", when the 17000 was top of the minelab range.
A lot has been said about this machine, some good and some bad.
Here's my take on a machine that did a job and still does (I still have one as a back up).
When ya laying on your side with your arm down a hole (about 700mm or 2' 4" in the old scale for me) I gotta say, the machine was good if used properly.
It all depended on the ground. Bloody excellent for surface stuff but if the ground was soft, it did a marvellous job.

Couldn't go that deep I hear you say, believe me it did. What did I get I hear you ask ? a F****n galvanised pipe elbow joint.

I won't repeat what I said at the time and I didn't enjoy an armpit full of sand but it reinforced my passion or stupidity to keep looking.

So what do I say these days, don't get disappointed if ya not finding any, enjoy the hunt.

bignuggs

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: XT17000 - just a comment about the old days

Post by ronybaby49 on Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:13 pm

DIDN'T THINK YOUR ARMS WERE THAT LONG CLIFF(700MM) OR IS IT A CASE OF SHORT ARMS AND LONG POCKET'S..ONLY JOKING CLIFF wtf whgirt : :

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

Ya cheeky bugger  Razz   it's a pity my camera wasn't working at the time to get a pic.
Short arms and long pockets ??  wish it was the case when I look at the money I've been spending lately.
And just to make sure the measurement of my arm length was correct, I just measured again.
From finger tips to shoulder is 2' 4"  Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 2:08 pm

Got the same machine( xt17000 ) for back up and have to agree with you on the depth capabilities Cliff.The majority of the time I just use it on the beach now.
Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm

Phil, in the right area and stirred up ground, the old machine will still find the surface stuff.
Just a pity ML won't service the machine anymore. but that's life.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Thu 21 May 2015, 6:01 am

I have been given one, I don't know much about them so I have it just sitting in the corner, I don't even know if it works, or there is something wrong with it, but just reading here it must have been good in it's day..... mind you whatever you have at the time is better than nothing Very Happy
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum