Keep Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep Out

Post by Paintar on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:58 am

Hi All,
I am looking at putting keep out/off signs on my leases and looking for ideas for wording to put on the signs,
I don’t want to just put keep out and I don’t want something that would be premeditated. Your throughs/ ideas would be appreciated.
Many thanks Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep Out

Post by Viper on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:44 am

Trespassers shot ! Survivors prosecuted
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:58 am

I would put something up like "private lease no entry"-I for one would respect that if I saw it out bush -but as we all know there are some people out there that don`t even respect themselves let alone other peoples leases-Dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:01 pm

Viper wrote:Trespassers shot ! Survivors prosecuted

Sounds good, but that gets ya into all sorts of legal trouble as it's seen as "threatening behaviour" by the Police and under The Firearms Act. Leaseholders have been prosecuted for it. It's rarely effective for two reasons, first, people know that a leaseholders wouldn't take the chance on shooting someone, so it loses it's effect right there. Next, such a sign can wind people up to the extent ie. "Bring it on sunshine" and they go ahead and detect your lease out of spite.

Most effective is just something simple - "M37/378 Private Lease, no detecting". Most people would just move along, except for the odd "dog".

W

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:15 pm

signs don't work full stop...save your money. People almost alway's knw where they are these day's and if they are going to poach then they will poach. The only sign I have used in the past was...'active lease No-......, No prospecting......Motion activated cameras in place...... My lodgic is that it would make them think twice....and believe me...there were cameras in place.

Save the hassle and just work your ground.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 9:20 pm

Put your money towards a caretaker, signs waste of money plus caretaker can be scouting for you when your not there!

Golditch

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum