Please, Yes or No.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please, Yes or No.

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 1:23 pm

OK I'll ask the question again as I have never had a positive easy to understand reply. My question is, do mining and prospecting leases and all the other Mines Dept tripe cover old coins, jewelry and trinkets etc. What I want to know positively is, can I pursue my hobby of coin hunting on somebody else's gold lease or not? Gold is not my aim, and I will hand over any gold that I accidently come across, honestly. affraid
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Please, Yes or No.

Post by AussieAU on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

Young Simmo wrote:OK I'll ask the  question again as I have never had a positive easy to understand reply. My question is, do mining and prospecting leases and all the other Mines Dept tripe cover old coins, jewelry and trinkets etc.  What I want to know positively is, can I pursue my hobby of coin hunting on somebody else's gold lease or not? Gold is not my aim, and I will hand over any gold that I accidently come across, honestly. affraid

Ok then, on the beach and in the park you wont have a problem convincing anyone you looking for coins or jewelry

on a mining or prospecting lease you might have trouble convincing the lease holder or DMP or the like, but then you already know this, as your WA miners right gives you the right to cross and recross a live mining lease to get to where you want to go but as you already know you need the leaseholders permission to stop and do anything Sleep

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the extra quick reply Aussie AU, what I am really trying to find out is, is there a hard black line drawn in the sand, as old mining areas are really good for old coins. I think I might send The Mine's dept a letter and ask them if a prospecting slash mining lease covers every single item and substance on that piece of ground right down to the middle of the earth. Watch this space as I will post my enquiry and reply. Maybe they will say a copper halfpenny is the same as a gold nugget not counting the smell.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

I’ve read relics belong to the plh ?

hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:52 pm

Sorry for my dumbness but, plh ??????? Blame it on me being nearly double your age.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:57 pm

OK, I have just e-mailed the following to the DPM, watch this space.
If it makes me sound like a DUMBY,,,,,,,,Sorry.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:58 pm

Oopp's to fast.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hello, I have been asking a question in a Gold Prospecting forum Re: gold mining leases, and was hoping the Mine’s Dept might be able to give me an answer in clear exact English. Also if you could keep it relatively short and easily understood by the average bloke in the street. To get back to the start I like collecting old coins, jewelry and trinkets and items of interest. Do Mining and Prospecting leases cover every single item and material down to the middle of the Earth? Also old mining areas are much better than the top of mountains for finding old coins. It seems to me that I might have to go to the expense of a prospecting lease, lap-top, GPS and a quite long learning experience to pursue my hobby. In that case if a lease covers a beach I might still have to go to all that expense and learning just to pursue my hobby. I am confident by now that you know what I am asking and can offer me an easily understood reply.
Thanks in advance
JJJ,SSS
Carnarvon
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

Pasteral lease holder

hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 4:49 pm

hippyty, when you read that did it state, items on the surface or burried items as well?
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 8:37 pm

OK I sent that e-mail on Sun night and got a phone reply today, which I recon was a good rapid response to what was probably a dumb question as far as the Mines Depart are concerned. I was told that everything on a lease was the property of the lease holder. I never thought to mention the station owners. For me the BOTTOM lines is, for people to tie everything on a lease up and stop other people searching for coins that the lease holder will never look for is ABSOLUTE GREED.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum