Camping on Mining Tenement?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camping on Mining Tenement?

Post by farm boy on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

Hi members. Could someone tell me if i am allowed to camp on a mining tenement...but not prospect?

I will be passing through an area and would like to know if legally I can camp on that mining tenement.

Cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Re: Camping on Mining Tenement?

Post by Young Simmo on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm

G'day FB, I don't know the laws and rules but, I would be surprised if you couldn't camp on any bit of native unworked bush, unless being a free country has changed. I am sure you will get some reliable advice fairly quick.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 9:52 pm

I think a quick phone call to the Mines Dept would be a good idea but I think you could as long as you are nowhere near their workings or pastoral lease infrastructure.

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

I think you will find that the rules state that you can pass and repass to get to and from where you need to go, I don't think it means you can camp half way without the mining lease holders permission, A;QSCK

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 6:27 am

Hi Farm Boy,
A wa Miners right gives you the right to pass and repass over any crown land in order to gain access to any other crown land....in other words you can drive around.
Your WA Miners Right also gives you the right to camp for the purpose of prospecting....which means if you have the right to prospect then you have the right to camp. If you don't have permission then no camping for you.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 9:00 pm

HI all thanks for the feedback. i read somewhere under caravan and camping regulations that if you were so far from a caravan site you were entitled to camp but I am not sure this includes a mining temement, I might just give the mines dept a call would be good to know cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

You could also secretly disconnect a wire under the dash so the engine wont start, and if you get quizzed you are waiting for some help to arrive or you get a phone call. An ounce of bull dust can be priceless. lol!
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 6:41 am

Hi Farm Boy...the Mining Act is senior to the caravan and camping act....so....if you camping in accordance with the mining act then local govt rangers etc can do nothing about it.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 10:05 am

Been trying to get clarification from governing body's on this subject for years and not one straight answer, lots of gray areas from all sides of the politics, basically if you carry some sort of prospecting equipment and your camping on a lease then your breaking the so called law with in the mining act, if your camping on a station grounds other than on a gazetted road boundaries your trespassing(unless you are protecting on that station with all the legists taken care of) . So you can camp with in gazetted road boundary with equipment but you be a brave person to even pull out said equipment, even if was just to clean it on a lease. End of the day if your planning to do a trip and most people plan there trips just a letter or email normally gets a good response of (yep not a problem answer) I grew up on station and know what it like to be out shooting or general mustering and find a camp that you where unaware of and think your bloody lucky that you did not get hurt. Common curtesy will go a long way with most people.

Chiv

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum