40e queries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

40e queries

Post by barry29 on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:17 am

Hi all, could someone tell me if you obtain a 40e block for detecting is that for only the aplicant ,or can others detect on the block.
Never done this so sorry for the ignorance.
Cheers barry.
barry29

Back to top Go down

Re: 40e queries

Post by Moneybox on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:32 am

Three individuals allowed on one application but all of their mining right numbers and names have to be on the application.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by captain on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:40 am

1.    Each 40E Application can have 3 Applicants on it.

2.    Any number of people can have a 40E over the SAME bit of ground, so it DOES NOT give you or anyone  exclusive right to the area (providing they also have 40E's)

3.    Anyone who has WRITTEN permission from the leaseholder or the leaseholder could also detect there

4.    You can't work/detect within 100m of anywhere the leaseholder is carrying out works

5.    You can't access the ground for the first 21 days

6.     You can only use hand tool so No jack hammers, bob cats/dryblowers etc.

7.    You must do a report at the end of the 3 months and send a copy to both the leaseholder and the DMP, with the amount and EXACT location (GPS points) of any minerals recovered, even if you don't find anything you must do a Nil report. Failure to do so could result in a fine up to $5000, and/or the DMP can Bar you from further 40Es for 3 years. even if its only 1 bit and 0.0002 grams, as your one bit might not be much but if the other 120 people who had a 40E over the same bit of ground also only found a couple of small bits and report it when the leaseholder puts it all on a chart plot they may find that one particular area has a high concentration of gold and therefore worth further investigation.

LM

PS People who detect on Live leases without a 40E /permission are prospecting illegally and stealing gold. So no better than driving onto someones property and stealing something out of their shed.

captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 7:23 am

captain,

That is very good information....
Thanks for posting .....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 7:28 am

Hi Captain.....your right...they are thieves.

as for the exact location....I have had many 40E's put on E's that we hold and I have only ever had one report come back.
I have quizzed the DMP and they are not interested. The one report that did come back had a general 'X' where they found the gold...I showed this to DMP, showed them the wording on the reporting form and asked "what are you going to do about this"...."we can't do anything" was the reply. You and I know they can...but they won't.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 8:17 am

Hi Pilko , I have never done a 40e as I don't fossick on other people leases as had that drummed into me as a kid, with todays tech there is no excuses, the question is if you did get all the info from a report(yer right I hear you say lol) and lets say a couple of ounces where found, do you head out and check the ground asp or map it out with your data for that pipe/seam. As I all ways looking for other minerals and if I had a 40e those minerals need to be put down as well, would you check out that as well, or dose your leases just for gold?

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

Hi Chiv,Yep, it's the info that I'm chasing. I'm happy for a bit of surface metal to go as long as I'm getting the info...the info may lead me to more gold. Yes, an E means I have control over all minerals etc on it....my feeling is that whilst I lease the ground I don't own it. If you found something interesting on one of our blocks I would hope people would come and have a chat and see if we can come to some arrangement. Common sense should always prevail.

Don't forget, if I really don't want you there then you won't be there 40E or not. One of the conditions of the 40E is that you are not allowed within 100m of exploration activities....and I can make sure there are lots of activities wherever you are!!

I would never take out a 40E over a privately held lease...but company ground no probs.

Hope that helps somewhat.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

The Law has been, and always will be the Law. And yep, with a 40E, you are legally entitled to prospect on a granted E subject to all the conditions.

But in the old days there was also a set of unwritten laws that applied in the goldfields - what was the right thing to do and what was the wrong thing - the new chums were living out there and had to learn those laws pretty quick, and stick by them, or else they would be in strife. They were needed to keep the peace.

Those unwritten laws have changed a bit - but they are still there.

It's harder nowdays to know what they are cos most people are DIDO hobbiests. They don't live and breath it.

But clearly Pilko does. For those that don't know - what he has set out above is good contemporary goldfields etiquette - in other words - the right thing to do in the modern age.

If you do the right thing - everyone will get along just fine. If you don't, then your holiday might not be quite as relaxed and enjoyable as you'd hoped. It's your call.

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by barry29 on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:41 pm

Hi to all many thanks for you very informative anweres ,much appreciated..
Cheers barry..
barry29

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm

Heres a few thoughts on the 40e process coming from someone who doesnt hold any leases, keep in mind im not trying to stir s#$t or ruffle feathers just put some thoughts out there so everyone can get along.

I have put in dozens of 40e's (&20a i think they were before) over the years, many i found gold on, many i didnt, some i visited heaps and a few i never stepped foot on. For years ive always sent back the minerals recovered form (admittedly with out gps co ords early on as i simply just didnt use a gps then), but always marked on the attached map. It dawned on me one day i had never heard a peep from the dmp or leaseholder about these finds, it got me wondering do they even care if i send the info back in? Now i know its not a requirement but if the e lease holder gave me a ring in the 21 day waiting period and said " good luck out there, if you have any finds please fill out the minerals recovered form and return it, ill check that area out and if it turns out to be a good thing i'll give ya a little bite of the pie, ill even give you written permission to prospect when you like" i think you would get a lot more forms back, and with a lot more detail, i know i would spend more time on leases like that if that was the case. Remember at the end of the day these people could have been out there for weeks on end slugging it out and if they are lucky enough to stumble onto a patch, they are not really going to feel obliged to pass that info on especially since they payed to be there and have no association with the lease holder, and lets be honest no one likes telling someone they dont even know the exact co ordinates of a patch theyve just found, most people dont even like telling there friends Razz

Anyway was just a thought, was good to hear from the perspective of the leaseholders (pilko, cap).

pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:25 am

Hi Pilbrachad....I agree with some of what you say...and I agree with the section 40E system. We have in the past given permission for people to prospect on our tenements as we don't for a mnute consider that we own the ground...we only lease it. If you have always sent forms back then you are one in a million mate...we never get finds forms back...never. And it's the information that I want and need.

If I do get info from someone and it leads to Lisa and myself dropping onto some metal, I will alway's flick them something for the info....it's oldschool but it works. As for someone been given a slice of the pie...sure...come and talk to me....as long as your prepared to share the expenses as well...rents,rates,native title, machinary,floats etc etc but I find that usually that's where people don't want to get involved...they want the gold but none of the risk or expense.

My opinion is 'prospectors' for the most part are representative of the community in general, that is, selfish.
As I said in another post, I would never even consider to put a 40E on a private individuals lease...it is extremely poor form.

If someone does have the decency to put their phone number on the 40E then I will always give them a ring and say g'day...99% do not and so I have no way to contact them except via post. As for people not talking about their patches etc...well....I guess it comes down to integrity doesn't it. The 40E permit is given with conditions...and if people accept the permit they accept the conditions. If people then break the contract they have and decide not to fulfill their side of the deal then that just makes them dirt in my opinion....I never claim to be a saint but ethics and integrity is what you do when you don't have to.

Please understand I'm talking in general terms here Pilbrchad...not about you.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:44 am

I don't think we have any right to 'a slice of the pie' but it is nice to get a reply from the lease holder and we have had that in the past. You get that old style personal connection that is missing in almost all transactions these days.
We always send our paperwork back but that's probably because Sandra looks after all that stuff. Us guys aren't so good at that paper work are we?
Some of the best relationships we've had are when we have written to mining lease holders asking for permission to prospect on their lease. The most recent was at Murrin Murrin where our application was rejected but after receiving a phone call and a chat the lease holder dropped us an email with authority to prospect on a half a dozen mining and prospecting leases nearby.
Nothing beats personal contact even if it is just by phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:33 am

agree with that Moneybox

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:47 pm

G'day pilko, thanks for the reply, sounds like your quite active on your e leases and quite reasonable to boot, polar opposites from what ive encountered up my way. Totally agree that most people are selfish aswell.

As for phone numbers on the 40e im sure its a requirement to put them on, i actually had dmp knock one of my 40es back once cause i forgot to put my fricken middle name on it Razz

Once a again thanks for your perspective, hope to oneday peg a bit of ground myself (just gotta find a worthy spot lol). Good luck out there.
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 6:55 am

Good stuff...I hope more people peg ground...it's a good thing. If you ever need a hand just yell out.

cheers

Tony Pilkington

pilko

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum