THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Moneybox on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anybody tried The Happy Prospector App for Android. I've just got a Samsung tablet with GPS but it won't take Geomap so I need to try another option.

Phil

Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by IsmaelJ on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm

Get OziExplorer for Android. Only around $30 and runs all ozi maps and easy to use. I"ve been using it since it first came out and it is grat, I load all the DMP maps and Auslig stuff. Have to get from OziExplorer website not available from Appstore. Hope this helps...

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

I use oziexplorer and love it but havent been able to suss out getting DMP maps with current tenements on there. I actually bought happy prospector app a few days ago and it seems pretty good, its great that with a click of a button you get the tenements updated, 20 bucks well spent i reckon. Using a GPS mapping system when you are out and about definately makes life so much easier, not sure why i didnt start doing it earlier.

pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

Hi Phil,
what model samsung do you have. a few months back I got a Galaxy TabPro S, geomap works on it but I haven't tried the GPS function yet.
Cheers
Cliff

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

I think Geomap is a Windows application rather than Android.

I also got The Happy Prospector. Looks good. Unless you buy the annual or another subscription you may not be able to flag locations nor have the tenements show their numbers.

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 11:28 pm

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Geomap needs Microsoft frame 4 to operate. I dont think it can be made work on the Android.

Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 6:33 pm

Moneybox wrote:I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  Geomap needs Microsoft frame 4 to operate. I dont think it can be made work on the Android.

I'm not sure about the Tab A, mine has Windows 10 installed on it, probably why I can get GeoMap.

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 1:24 pm

Hi Phil the Happy prospector will work on the Tablet.

Regards

Kurk

Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 9:38 pm

Thanks Kurk , I was meant to be heading out prospecting with friends on the upcoming long weekend but it's been called off. Looks like we're not going far till April but it looks like i'll be loading up The Happy Prospector before we go.

Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by goldstrijk on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 5:12 am

GeoMap
I went through this some months ago trying to load on my Android tablet
Rang the DMP and was told GeoMap is only compatible with Windows OS
So bought a Windows 10 tablet and GeoMap works fine
Regards Peter

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by captain on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:51 am

Yes Goldstick is right.

Geomap will ONLY work on a Windows based PC/Laptop/Table.

On a Mac OS you can if you run the Windows platform as well.

The Happy prospector, works on Android and gives you your position and the tenements is paid over the top of the basic map.

LM

captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:56 pm

Hi Goldstrijk;

What Windows based tablet did you get and how easy is the screen to read in normal daylight?

I would be interested to get an opinion from anyone else who is using a tablet to run Geomap.

As a matter of interest, today I spoke with a chap from DMP regarding the release of the new version of GeoMap. He wasn’t really sure when it might be released and seemed to suggest that it wouldn’t be that different from the current version. The new version has fixed some bugs and includes a couple of new features. Thanks.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Yesterday at 5:40 am

Hi Col
I got mine from Pocketronics, Pendo 10", Windows 10, approx $200 delivered from the East
Also got a Logitech WiFi keyboard and mouse from Woollies for approx $39 and a windscreen dashboard mount from Hong Kong for $10 delivered
Very happy with the setup, haven't used it in the ute yet, so don't know how the light affects the screen, but I think no matter what screen you have the sunlight will affect it to some extent
Regards Pete

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Today at 7:12 am

Pete, thanks for that. I see that Officeworks are selling the tablet and keyboard for $248. I'll drop in and have a look at it.
From what I can gather, this tablet appears not to have built in GPS, so I guess you would need to use it with an external GPS dongle.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum