sdc 2300

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sdc 2300

Post by linlara on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

Hi Fluoro
Making plans to head over early march as plans had to be altered because of building. Just picked up an sdc2300 for 32 hundred new which i didnt think was a bad price I see you and sherry are using one so any info you or anyone else can give me on their machine would be greatly appreciated.Hope to catch up when we get over
Lindsay

linlara

Back to top Go down

Re: sdc 2300

Post by Flouro on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

Hi Lindsay,

Will try to catch up, we'll be heading up around end of March

The trick for us was to get it running as quiet as possible and just twiddling knobs doesn't do it

It's all in the ground balancing, you can get it to run extremely quiet that's when we found it works the best

We are trying to remember the exact method but from memory when ground balancing just leave the coil on the ground and wait for it to do it's stuff, if it doesn't ground balance the first time keep doing it till it does

Will get back to you when I talk to Rob at Prospectors Pick as that is where I heard it from originally

The SDC is not for all places but excels in very ironstony ground, you can find whole patches that the other detectors don't see, but very low and slower than slow is the go

Unlike Crazy Pete we have only found smalls with it sofar

Cheers,Ron Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:40 pm

Hey Ron
Pennies make POUNDS
Lins

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

My method, and must be done in this order

Select 5 on the sense knob.
Turn on.
Hold coil Appx knee hight with the actual coil facing flat towards the ground,  slowly do a complete 360 degree circle noting which direction you get the worst EMI.
Now hold in that position and do the frequency check by pushing on the left  side handle button.
Wait until 5 beeps are heard and then the frequency check is complete.

Next,  adjust the threshold by pressing a few times on the right side handle button,  only set until 3 red lights are visible, there's a few people who think that the threshold button is a volume button because of the little speaker emblem on it,  not so,  it's threshold.

Finally I do a ground balance, bring the coil to the ground until its sitting flat,  press and hold down the Green ground balance button on the handle and pump the coil up and down until balanced.

Important: Only lift and lower the coil 1 to 3 inches up and down while pumping.
This is so the coil is seeing the ground at varying heights while balancing out the minerals,  I've found that if you leave the coil flat on the ground and don't pump it while balancing the detector doesn't get a true sensing of the grounds mineral content,  and this will force you to have to run your sensitivity at a much lower (useless) setting.
(SD, GP, GPX, SDC can all be balanced using this same method for better results)...

With the SDC and these settings/methods you will get the machine a tad chirpy,  but believe me the sensitivity and depth will be enormous compared to "dumbing it down" on sensitivity 3.

One last thing,  if your not happy with the frequency adjustment do it again and again to get the best reduction in EMI that you can,  this allows for higher sens setting.

Pete

CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:34 am

G,day Pete
Thanks for the info mate.Cant wait to get out and give it a try like a 68 year old kid.

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 8:20 am

Hi Pete,

What you explained is/was the way we used to do it which is basically the stock standard way to set up a detector except over East of the border you's have a lot more EMI problems, apart from the odd thunderstorm with Sherri's 5000 there is stuff all powerlines out there

We met a couple of guys out there last season and got chatting about the SDC and they showed us a way that was different and got rid of all the chatter, it was in the ground balancing that set it up and you kept doing it till it did go quiet

I cant remember for the life of me as I wasn't using it at the time but Sherri got it working real well

As soon as I find out from Rob I will let you's know

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:50 am

Ron, that sounds very interesting mate, can't wait to hear

Pete

CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Hi,

Rob's away for 3wks or so, so's we'll have to wait

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 7:50 am

Hi Ron
Was looking at selling my 4000 when i got the sdc but not a lot of interest so who modded your 4000 and whats it like and how much. I'm still using my 3000 that was modded by woody a couple of times and Mick Quin the last time and would not part with it. Dynamite with a little Sadie.
Lins

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:02 am

Hi Lindsay,

My 4000M was done by Woody but it wasn't a full mod, what happened was I blew it up running a big coil and flicking a switch while it was trying to settle and something popped

He replaced some things in the front end and it became a lot more sensitive to small gold and in general it doesn't miss much, but in saying that the 5000 can still see some in noisy ground that mine cant see

Try using the 11" Elite coil flogg's the Sadie

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum