trip concerns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

trip concerns

Post by mada on Wed 14 Dec 2016, 7:41 pm

Hi guys in about a week and a bit I will be heading off for 10 days. My concern is that electrical storms/EMI etc could play havoc with my detecting time. During times of these should I be swinging a AR coil?? will it help?? or should I just focus on loaming etc?

mada

Back to top Go down

Re: trip concerns

Post by Dozer on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 6:13 am

electrical storms/lightning and associated emi's are usually all short/fast spikes.
Learn what they are and add their sounds to your knowledge of what the detector is telling you.
if the electrical storm is close and causing too much noise then it is quite likely telling you to get out of there. Zapped by lightning is not something i want to try or add to my bucket list.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 6:54 pm

thanks dozer, noted! I have been out in the boat during electrical storms and had my graphite rods buzzing, they sounded like a swarm of bee's. And yes got the hell out of there Very Happy

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:45 pm

I forgot to add that emi spikes are usually non repeatable as well as short/fast.
It is a pain in the ass dealing with them but it is just another of the things the gold gods throw at us so they can keep there gold hidden, or something like that.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:51 pm

hahaha yes I know what you mean, anything and everything sometimes works against us.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 12:26 pm

Spot on Dozer.
And don't bother using an anti interference coil Mada,  you'll lose 30% of depth and sensitivity compared to a mono.

CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reminder Pete, hopefully it will be blues skies Wink

mada

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum