Almost off subject

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Almost off subject

Post by Young Simmo on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm

Has anybody in here tried out one of the Minelab "Go Find" detectors, 20, 40 or 60? If yes, what are your thoughts? Keeping in mind they seem to be targeted at beach and park detecting more than the serious stuff.
Question: Are they as easy as You Tubers make them look, and get 5 cents from around 7 or 8 inches etc.
I look forward to some helpful info.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Almost off subject

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:14 am

Flimsy crap Simmo, better off with an xTerra 305 for beach work.
We picked our 2 up for $200 each and we've found well over $1000 each with em in a couple years just piss farting around on ovals and playgrounds.

I won a Go-Find 20 last may, had it in my hand for 1 minute then sold it.
Flimsy.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 3:49 pm

WOW, considering there is a Go Find 20 & 40 & 60 at $200, $300, $400 you had the cheapest little toy. On top of that you gave it a full 60 seconds of use to make your decision.
I think I will give my Minelab Go Find 60 a real work out.
I was hoping for some helpful information but will have to gather it myself.
Also I will give it a bit more than 60 seconds, just to be sure. If that makes me a slow learner so be it.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by peterau on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 6:02 am

Slow learner. Really? You shouldn't have to agree with answers you receive, but you should have to thank someone who bothered to interact with you.

peterau

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:06 am

peterau wrote:Slow learner. Really? You shouldn't have to agree with answers you receive, but you should have to thank someone who bothered to interact with you.

Maybe he's upset because I didnt call him "Young" Simmo,  just simmo.

Anyhow,  all good Simmo, next bit of advice I give ya will be to ram something up something, and then you'll bloody whinge ay fella  affraid   Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:58 am

That fact that you reviewed a Detector in 60 seconds tells me what I am dealing with. Time to find another site that isn't a private little group of back scratchers. The fact that the site only attracts a few comments on most days, should have indicated that I was wasting my time. Yes I am out of my league, as it takes me at least 2 minutes to review a detector.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:00 am

Also CRAZY PETE is the right title, don't change it.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:36 am

peterau, as a newby you should fit in quite well in here. Judging from your comment I assume you also think 1 minute is enough time to assess a detector.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:20 am

I have beach detected alongside a GoFind 20. It found coins but only at shallow depths and didn't like the wet sand. My X-terra 70 easily got a 20c piece at 300mm but the GF20 couldn't get a signal. You get what you pay for I guess. I picked up $242 in $2 and $1 coins in the caravan park in Kakadu and that was on only about 10 of the sites.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:23 am

Simmo,  thanks for your words of encouragement, I've only been in the game for 37 years and need all the help can get.
However,  you will find that being rude and unappreciative will get you nowhere on any forum,  but by all means if you feel you need to leave this forum do so.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm

Crazy I only give what I get, a bit like tit for tat.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 1:13 pm

toad wrote:I have beach detected alongside a GoFind 20.  It found coins but only at shallow depths and didn't like the wet sand.  My X-terra 70 easily got a 20c piece at 300mm but the GF20 couldn't get a signal.  You get what you pay for I guess.  I picked up $242 in $2 and $1 coins in the caravan park in Kakadu and that was on only about 10 of the sites.
Yeh Toad, if you read my first comment I was hoping for a bit of helpful information. Then I get a response like, " I have used the cheapest of the 3 models for 1 minute and it's useless". For my money that is not helpful information, but more like Crazy information. Anyway I punched Go Find 60 into You Tube, and am fairly confident that I will get what I am aiming for from the Go Find 60. The first half hour in a Caravan Park produced 2 X 10 cents and a dozen bits of rubbish so watch this space.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 2:54 pm

Young Simmo,  take it or leave it,  that easy.
You seem to love staring the pot when you don't get the answer you need or wanted to hear.
This forum is all about sharing of information and help for all members, whether any advice is given or not, it is up to the person asking for the advice to simply take it or leave it,  not to get smart or disrespectful with the giver of ANY advice.  

My username has nothing to do with advice or my personal nature,  it was given to me years ago by friends.

I suggest you please read the forum rules.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

I suggest you go back and re-read my original comment. I didn't realize you could test the cheapest detector in a group and come up with a thorough conclusion in 1 minute.
I don't send any crap, I just match what comes my way.
As for sturring the pot, I was hoping for helpful information.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 4:27 pm

[quote="CrazyPete"]

My username has nothing to do with advice or my personal nature,  it was given to me years ago by friends.

maybe just a tad with the personal nature Pete lol!

sorry simmo I've got no info on the go find range, i actually thought they were a promotional thing from minelab for the kiddie's seems they were giving them away when you purchased a detector from their upmarket range last year. sort of target the family man for a big ticket item and chuck in a freebie for the kid's so his handbrake [wife] let's him get out bush to use the thing, sure you can go out honey , just take the kid's with you seems you have a spare detector !

but i'm sure it will find you a few coins ,rings etc once you get your head around it and yep you tube may be your best chance of working it out.

if it doesn't do the job you want you may want to speak to one of our newest members Eugene regarding his kingdetectors that he has mildly promoted so far, i got a funny feeling we will get the run down on that Chinese crap again soon

all the best
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 4:38 pm

yeh gold n beer, at my age and because I am on the coast I just wanted something to kill a few hours with. I have only had one go so far but it seems to be what I need. I was just fishing for any tips or info that might be around. I bought my first Whites detector back in 1978 and gave it a fare skake up until I moved over to the coast in 2000. My best detector was an SD 2000 which I bought while caretaking the 6 mile at Sandstone, found 10 ozs in 2 weeks and payed for it. Mind you I could turn it on in the camp and have a chance of a bit in the first few steps in those days. OK getting side tracked again, Cheers, Simmo.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 6:48 pm

Simmo, you keep asking the same question over and over again about detectors most people have never used.
If you don't get an answer there is a reason but there's no good in ignoring an answer from a man who is well respected in the detecting community and then getting antsy about it.
If the Go Find is your preferred option, then so be it and then tell us how you find it. I'm sure people will be interested in your findings regarding the machine.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:04 pm

Bignuggs, I asked one question once, but with Admin ganging up with Admin, I'll give up and go to my beer fridge.
That question:
Has anybody in here tried out one of the Minelab "Go Find" detectors, 20, 40 or 60? If yes, what are your thoughts?
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:41 pm

Like I said, if no one answers, it's obvious no one knows anything about the machine. It doesn't mean they are ignoring you.
Nice to see you checked out youtube, always some good info on there.
No one is ganging up on anyone so please don't think that. We have an extremely helpful group of people in this forum, if they haven't used the machine then they can't help, simple as.
And I sincerely hope this is the end of this saga.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:54 am

Hello , loving a stubby at the moment, any way read it all & i reckon toad won haha . I reckon you got a good reply there young simmo , a side by side test & you found what you needed. Sorry cliff , i couldnt help myself , nothin like a bit of banter
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 11:25 am

albo wrote:Hello , loving a stubby at the moment, any way read it all & i reckon toad won  haha .  I reckon you got a good reply there young simmo , a side by side test & you found what you needed. Sorry cliff ,  i couldnt help myself , nothin like a bit of banter

The spice of life ay Albo Razz Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 9:26 am

My very word it is mate & with chrissy creapin uptooo fast im starting early bugga it . Il be the first this year & wish all you wonderful itinerants , like myself a very safe , happy , goes without saying , a great december break ...... are stuff em ,il say it ,merry xmas buggers, be good.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 9:43 am

And same to you mate and all our members, drive safe, drink festively and be good to your family and mates.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum