Tengraph google earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tengraph google earth

Post by IFOne on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm

Hi, for some reason I can not get google earth on my selection in Tengraph. I used to be able to get it but haven't used the google earth request for a fair while (maybe a year or so). I rang the dump today but they could not help me. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Re: Tengraph google earth

Post by AussieAU on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm

Just tried it, I use it often and it works fine, just like it should.

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 5:00 pm

I understand this as the dmp could also do it . I have not used the google earth setting for maybe 1 or 2 years and now it doesn't work for me on tengraph although the rest of tengraph works fine. I am using windows 10 and wondering if it could be that or maybe my login which is maybe 5 years old could be the problem. When I used it previously it worked fine. I notice also that when I hit the help button on tengraph I get no response. The girl at dmp did not seem to be very interested or knowledgeable on tengraph. I just thought someone here may have good knowledge. I will however try dmp again at a later stage. Thanks again.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 5:53 pm

I am using windows 8.1 maybe there is a difference between that and windows 10

It's a bit hard to help, but did you drop down the file tab and select "display in google earth" make sure the tenement is highlighted, and on mine anyway it just goes to google earth and displays the selected tenement.

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 7:15 pm

I did have a similar problem some time ago and had to download citrex again to get it to work.

Cheers

Phil

cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 7:53 pm

i use win 10 and have no problems. i would do as cruiser suggests and download citrix again.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 5:19 am

If you have not logged into Tengraph for more than 12 months you may find the account has been closed. You will have to re-apply.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 1:24 pm

Tried all that still no go. Have emailed dmp and will now await their reply.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 2:36 pm

If you are trying to access Tengraph using an old bookmarked favourite, it won't work.  Try accessing it using this and see what happens.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 5:20 pm

Thanks for all the help, finally found it was the computer protection that was preventing it. Gone back to an old computer and all is good.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm

I'm glad this topic came up, I've just bought a Samsung GalaxyTab Pro S tablet which has windows 10 installed.
I downloaded google earth and it works ok, so tried the GE link from Tengraph. Works ok.

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:06 pm

IFOne wrote:Thanks for all the help, finally found it was the computer protection that was preventing it. Gone back to an old computer and all is good.

When you say "computer protection", do you mean your internet security or do you get a message saying Admin access is required. If you are the original user of the computer, you should be able to bypass that and continue.

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:56 pm

Sorry not very computer savvy but I am pretty sure it is just the internet security.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:38 pm

IFOne wrote:Sorry not very computer savvy but I am pretty sure it is just the internet security.

While it isn't advisable to do it, sometimes you have to turn it off (turn the firewall off) to ensure correct download of programs.
See if you can find someone near you who is computer savvy. It's probably only something minor to deal with.

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 9:28 am

Again thanks for the help. I was using my daughters bussiness computer and it has all sorts of protection of which I know nothing about so I was not going to do anything which might have compromised it. I have now resurrected an old computer which is slow but works fine and all is good again.

IFOne

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum