Serious change of direction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious change of direction

Post by Young Simmo on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 9:32 pm

OK, this is not about GOLD but, I am curious to find out if anybody has any comments, good or bad I am easy.
I spent about 22 years metal detecting but, not since about 2000 when I came to Carnarvon and then it was fishing. I am 76 and have an unwell wife, and sold our caravan. Had a Fisher Gold Bug Pro, sitting in the cupboard for 18 months with no action, put it up on Woolies notice board and got my $1200 back in quick time. Just bought a $106.00 cheapie on E-bay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25248400260http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252484002602

Now planning on staying in Pubs and Motels and hitting the beaches at Broome, Kalbarri and Gero, etc, etc.
I believe 2nd prize has to be better than no prize,,,,,,,, AGREE?.
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious change of direction

Post by bluebenz1 on Sat 01 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm

If that the direction that suits then why not..!!!!...wishing you well...

bluebenz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 7:56 pm

Young Simmo, we swap between gold and relics. Mrs M is more interested in looking for bottles, old coins and buttons. Any detector is good enough to search the sides of the road, parks, truck stops etc. It still fun to find a pre-decimal coin or two and you don't have to go bush to do it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 10:05 pm

Moneybox, your comment has a ring of similarity for me. Back in 1984 I set up Golconda and ran it for about 8 years in South Trafalgar ( South of Boulder). We were surrounded by the old gold mines around Kalgoorlie, and my wife had a ball going around to the old mines and digging and sifting and finding all sorts of goodies. Even found 2 completely rusted old hand guns. It got to a stage where I would take the loader over and lower a cyanide drum down for her to fill with dirt 15 to 20 feet down. "Oh the memories". One day she came back to my office and said, "I can hear a dog down a hole, I said, "OK, show me". We went over and there was this little black and white thing about 20 Ft down an old shaft. Short story, I got a ladder went down and he didn't bite, just kissed me, so I climbed up and he was a happy puppy. I went into town to put a notice on the local notice boards. Got home and Mum said, "He run away!!!!!
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 7:13 pm

Hopefully he headed for home Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum