Need info no, bring me up to speed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need info no, bring me up to speed.

Post by Young Simmo on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:27 pm

Ok, I bought my first detector around 1978-9 and gave it a good flogging with many detectors over the years till I moved over to the coast  in Feb 1999. The best I had was a SD 2000. Now I know what that and the 16000 and my Fishers all could do but, am curious to find out about these 5 and 7 thousand dollar Minelabs do in comparison. Do they go deeper or find smaller bits. My SD 2000 probably found a  1 grammer at about 80mm to 90mm, or a 30 grammer at about 300mm to 400mm. Please don't pin me down on those measurement as I am rattling my 76 year old brainbox. What I would like to know  roughly is, what are these new fangled machines doing in comparison. To put it simply, does double the money get double the results?
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Need info no, bring me up to speed.

Post by mulgadansa on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:20 am

Gday Simmo
Not twice the results mate but they're truckloads better to use. Can't speak about the 7k but the 4500,5000 are a different world to the 2000 in that you can hear what's going on without all the ground noise and hot rocks. Same depths but.
Cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum