getting out for a weekender

View previous topic View next topic Go down

getting out for a weekender

Post by gold n beer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:35 am

i'm finally heading off tomorrow morning for a few nights to youanmi area.
1st trip to this area and i have some info on the spot that was passed on to me a couple years ago.
was wondering if any members had got out that way recently and whether it was worth the trip.
cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Re: getting out for a weekender

Post by Selfy on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:54 am

check out
http://www.narndee.com/index.html
i have stayed there once didn't find any gold but I wasn't looking too hard either Very Happy Very Happy

i'm heading off to Kal for a couple days tomorrow hope the weather holds off for us

Selfy

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:12 pm

cheers for that selfy
i will be a fair way from nandee but that's handy info for all.
good luck with the kal trip, mid 20's and sunny up the great northern over the weekend.
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:37 pm

Good luck jase, was out that way a couple years back with my uncles looking for a patch but didn't find any. Once I get my cv joint replaced I'll be heading out somewhere again for a few days myself. Hope to see you post up some big nuggets next week.
shane-o

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:57 pm

cheers Shane
mate a have a couple weeks off work so let me know when your heading off might be able to catch up.
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 5:01 pm

Five or six years ago Jase found gold to the North of Pincer Well.
Followed the track in past the mill to the end of the track and the surrounding hills gave up some treasure.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/yrdvn2f6z/]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 5:24 pm

thanks Peter
you were the person who put me onto that area and a sandstone spot a few years back.
never got to the sandy spot but will give this area a good going
thanks heaps
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 7:23 pm

Hi Jase.I have recently returned from the sandstone area and the road between Paynes find and Yuanmi had been closed for some time so we had to go via Mt Magnet/sandstone Rd.It might pay you to check with the Sandstone council to check if has been opened or you will have a long round a bout trip to get to Younanmi.
Have a good safe trip and find heaps.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 7:43 pm

thanks Phil,
yeah peaky went passed the turn off yesterday and said it was open, also in reeds today and they had heard it was open again.
I've never been up that road but know it don't take much rain before they shut it down.
cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 7:33 am

Yes Jase, can get very muddy & slippery. This where we camped north of Pincher Well.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 2:35 pm

well returned a day early, guess what road may have been closed hmmm i think. hahaha
little sign said youanmi gold mine road closed, sandstone closed. then there was a yellow sign in the middle of the road laying face down saying open to vehicles 3 tonne and under. but laying face down , i lifted the sign up to read it.
pondered for about half hour, is it open or is that face down because it's closed. the women in paynes find roadhouse had a update with no mention on that road, her advice was closed but said if you got a 4x4 [which i do] she said you MIGHT be okay.
well i decided on the side off caution, i have been bogged before out bush and it wasn't fun. bugger it not doing that again so ended up going to the usual hammered spot I've been to many times before.
2 nuggets for .5g's, got to try the 14x9 evolution nugget finder coil. it got a .1g piece @ 2 inch deep coupled with the 5k, the 11 inch commander coil set up with a 5k exactly same settings didn't give a signal. it is a very sensitive coil, finding the head of a boot tack at about 4-5 inch. sensitive bugger but in my opinion was hard to find these little targets in the scoop, as the center of the coil was the sweet spot and trying to waive the scoop close to where the shaft is wasn't as easy as the commander or elite coils [JMO]
well all in all it was a little disappointing trip, but i tried to enjoy my couple days out bush, beaut weather no flies or bugs [maybe half dozen bites but no cream the whole trip] and guess what on the way home that bloody sign was standing up hmmmmmm.
anyway i think the youanmi trip is best left for the dryer part of the year, got to meet a few different groups of people while out bush  and between the 7 operators out there 1 fella had 2 tiddlers with his 7k so i should be grateful we found anything.
cheers all
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:11 am

Yeah stuff gettin bogged jase but glad to hear you got a couple anyway

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:40 pm

gold n beer wrote:well returned a day early, guess what road may have been closed hmmm i think. hahaha
little sign said youanmi gold mine road closed, sandstone closed. then there was a yellow sign in the middle of the road laying face down saying open to vehicles 3 tonne and under. but laying face down , i lifted the sign up to read it.
pondered for about half hour, is it open or is that face down because it's closed. the women in paynes find roadhouse had a update with no mention on that road, her advice was closed but said if you got a 4x4 [which i do] she said you MIGHT be okay.
well i decided on the side off caution, i have been bogged before out bush and it wasn't fun. bugger it not doing that again so ended up going to the usual hammered spot I've been to many times before.
2 nuggets for .5g's, got to try the 14x9 evolution nugget finder coil. it got a .1g piece @ 2 inch deep coupled with the 5k, the 11 inch commander coil set up with a 5k exactly same settings didn't give a signal. it is a very sensitive coil, finding the head of a boot tack at about 4-5 inch. sensitive bugger but in my opinion was hard to find these little targets in the scoop, as the center of the coil was the sweet spot and trying to waive the scoop close to where the shaft is wasn't as easy as the commander or elite coils [JMO]
well all in all it was a little disappointing trip, but i tried to enjoy my couple days out bush, beaut weather no flies or bugs [maybe half dozen bites but no cream the whole trip] and guess what on the way home that bloody sign was standing up hmmmmmm.
anyway i think the youanmi trip is best left for the dryer part of the year, got to meet a few different groups of people while out bush  and between the 7 operators out there 1 fella had 2 tiddlers with his 7k so i should be grateful we found anything.
cheers all
jase

That sign was blowing down all the the time. No problems with the road dry and rough with very little signs of water on the sides. I went up it on Friday with my caravan no problems! I'm out of sandstone at the moment and after 5 days nothing to show... Still the 7000 is finding plenty of shotgun pellets and junk! Just got to walk over some gold. Where did you end up going? Pinyalling, fields find or where?

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm

yep been stewing over it Ismael, cheers for the confirmation.
tried a few different spots at pinny.
the place is covered by a sea of wild flowers
good luck out there
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:15 pm

Have you tried Dandaraga Ismael?

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 5:34 pm

Nightjar wrote:Have you tried Dandaraga Ismael?

out at Hancocks presently. Took a look at tengraph and found that the pending next to me just went live. Luckily I am 100 meters from the boundary... I thought about dandaraga but was told the caretaker of the station is a prick so trying to stay low. I also heard that Troy resources own the pastoral lease. Any suggestions you can PM if you like or update me with your phone and I can call...

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 7:02 am

Ismael, We had a 40E when we were there a few years back and never saw another sole. Can not comment on recent activity.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum