location info needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

location info needed

Post by wandwaver on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 7:51 pm

We were stopped for the night at Karalundi a few weeks back on our way north. That afternoon a couple of vehicles came in and we got to talking to the men. They said they had just spent a month in the golden triangle out there but no further info came up. Can anyone enlighten me on the location of the golden triangle they spoke of. I know it was not the Victorian one. Thanks

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Re: location info needed

Post by albo on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 8:46 pm

Ok i spose, from karalundi heading north you wil find a major track to the left ,west , if you proceed further along the bitumen north you will see another left which is the peak hill road, the previous one is known as the old disused peak hill road.so both these roads head west & join eventually to form a triangle. Many old patches in there & some very large ones came up, round 2006 maybe Don hemfrey found a 368 oz 90 oz & other large bit shallow in a creek, last time i visited the perth mint it was on display there. Out holdens way that was. Good luck mate , sparse tho & big area.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by wandwaver on Fri 10 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm

Thanks albo

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 10:19 pm

Albo -  Your a livin friggin Camel hump - fulla the good oil brother hahaha..
no crap mate your worth bottleing Very Happy Very Happy

BTW remember this camp ??

scratch  scratch  scratch  Ya cleaned it out well  Razz  Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 7:05 pm

Thanks Pete , great pics of the old cave camp codger & i hung around if the weather turned when we were around that area ( not the triangle tho) ARR the gold ol days. cheers Pete good memories.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 7:26 pm

Just getting back to the triangle area , its been 7 or so years since ive been out that way & Doray and others are active round the area now so it would pay to check the latest lease status before you go detecting up there, its not as free & easy as it was , cheers albo.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by codgerwa on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 9:29 am

Geeezzz Albo, I nearly fell off my chair when I was checking out the forum after getting home from France yesterday & there is a picture of the cave, brought back a lot good memories wandering around that area when we found it in 98 & we picked up close on 100 Ozs, exciting times aye. Terral & I will be going bush in a few weeks straight after the election but not sure where to yet, it's getting harder every year. I'll give you a call later & catch up on the goss.
Cheers from Steve & Terral.

codgerwa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:21 am

Yep old steve buddy codger , best times of my life they were , how many toothbrushes did we wear out cleaning nuggets in that beatiful cave , hole in the roof for the fire & all , hope you dont mind i told pete that location , after all we did smash it pretty well , see ya mate , bout time we had a another cracken rum.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 12:37 pm

G'day Pete, Albo
                       Geez I thought we might have found your secret cave, but not to be. Found this cave on our last trip complete with old kero fridge, would have been a good camp back then.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:30 pm

Biggest kev no secret for you mate , pm pete & he will help with coords Otherwise you will get the old school mud map run around & waste juice from me mate, good to hear you again biggest kev from down south.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:35 pm

Also kev its only a spot if you happen to be in that area , not worthy of a special trip. When the 1 / 250 maps were it the old timers workings in there werent marked which made it quiet for a long time , as soon as the 1/100 ones came out theres been many , tours the lot.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 10:10 pm

G'Day Albo,
good to see you back on the forum, no mate wasn't looking for your spot just remembered the Pics Pete put up a few weeks before we went away and I found this cave and thought it was your old camp, looked simular. Anyway Albo all good down this way, gold price is keeping my job secure at moment, saw 2 new Cat 793's on Great Northern with Roy Hill stickers heading north so the iron ore must be hanging in there. Whats happening up in Telfer, have they started up the open pit or still underground?

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

Yes Kev positive vibe here , reckon shareholders should be happy , all good mate, gratefull to be employed in the mining industry atm, the contractors that come for the shuts say the pickings out there are slim these days.see ya Kev.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 9:52 pm

Also kev ,both underground & pits with cut back expansions , no secret so i can say & dewatering another, at least 4 more years in the ol girl minimum & forward hedged at profitable prices . Wish it was my dads mine ha ha
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum