accurate location on gps to tenements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

accurate location on gps to tenements

Post by travelergold on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 5:28 pm

Hi, is there some sort of program that we can use on a gps where we can load tenement details/maps so when out bush and no internet access we can see accurately where we are so we do not go on live tenemants?
We do have a 7" gps unit which we had friends load nat map which is much like the hema maps. The unit also has normal navman type road map on it.
if we have to we are willing to purchase the correct unit so we do not get in trouble when out prospecting.
Thanking you, TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Re: accurate location on gps to tenements

Post by martinjsto on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 5:46 pm

hi travelergold, we use google earth and load the tenements b4 heading out. i then plug in a mouse type gps unit available off ebay (BU 353s4) into my laptop and then run GPSinfo program to link the gps to the laptop. you dont need to do this but i find it ensures i have good satellite connections. once it finds the satellites i close the gps info software and open G/E and using tools/gps/real time with the auto follow path checked i start gps and it locates my position very accurately. i always download any imagery b4 leaving internet connection areas so i can see where i am. with this setup it is cheap and shows you where you are at all times and with the tenements loaded you know exactly when you are on blue or green or free ground. hope this helps you buddy. there are other ways for sure but this is the cheapest without having to buy flash gps units or being a software engineer.
cheers and good luck

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

travelergold,
There is a bloke on YouTube ...
Has 3 or 4 vids on putting Tenagraph stuff onto a Hema7....
Aussie bloke info Film...
I had a look as I don't have a Hema I didn't save the site .....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 8:44 am

The man from Youtube is John and his website is in this link.  There is a work around if you don't want to pay for it.
One of his videos show how to load multiple tenements onto a Hema but I couldn't get it to work but there is another way of doing it.
Making tracks to load is easy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 3:40 pm

Thanks for replies. Being on legal ground for us is a must. Being not so tech savy does not help and we find it very challenging to even use tengraph. Once we find where we want to go and you see what is pending or a lease is ok but to then work out distances is another matter.  With nat map we can put in coordinates and they seem to change locarion on the map every time you reapply them.  We were hoping we could plot the 4 corners of a lease and then look where we are on current gps coords and see if was inside or outside that imaginary line but is not that simple. If we had internet access out there it would make it somewhat more easy but that is not possible.
will see what we can dig up from info and what else we can find.
cheers TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm

If you have an iPhone with email access and google earth loaded, and can also get onto tengraph on a computer, then this is what I do.

On the computer export the tenement from tengraph to google earth (GE). Email the kmz file to yourself. Store the email somewhere on your phone. Scan the area closely in GE on your phone so that it creates a cache file and stores the aerial photo. Go bush out of mobile range. Open email and open attachment in GE. It loads the file. Press the 'show where I am' arrow and you will see your location as a blue dot on the GE image with the tenement boundary overlain. Zoom in and out etc. Do the same with place marks etc. And it fits in your pocket.

There is probably a much easier way to do it but it works for me!

Cheers
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum