google earth pro with overlays

View previous topic View next topic Go down

google earth pro with overlays

Post by Selfy on Sun 15 May 2016, 10:33 am

so after a bit of mucking around I have managed to get tenement live and pending, minedex and geology overlays onto google earth
it seems to run ok (a bit slower to load up) but has the advantage of being able to see the whole state, roads, creeks, rivers and of course
being able to zoom in and see the land details
and you can select/deselect the options quickly

Selfy

Back to top Go down

Re: google earth pro with overlays

Post by Scrubby on Sun 15 May 2016, 2:51 pm

G`day Selfy,

How can you use it out in the field ?.
I have got heaps of that stuff on my PC, I just need to get it onto a Tablet that will work in the bush?
Scrubby.

Scrubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Selfy on Sun 15 May 2016, 3:04 pm

not to use in the field, just do the research at night at home then load co-ords into gps
it just seems to be more user friendly than tengraph is but has all the same info

Selfy

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 16 May 2016, 8:16 am

hi guys, once you have loaded the images and tenements you can get a USB mouse connect it to google earth using tools/GSP tabs and then see exactly where you are with a live realtime GPS position marked on G/E. you need to scan over the area you intend to visit whilst you have reception and you will cache the images so when you go bush you can still see the clear image of the area and therefor navigate to mines or old scrapes following tracks etc. works very well. oh, if you download earth bridge it enable you to store all the waypoints and tracks you have made for future reference.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum