vlf backup detector

View previous topic View next topic Go down

vlf backup detector

Post by ronybaby49 on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm

Hi all, I would just like some information on vlf detectors as i haven't held one in my claw for 30 years. Basically what i
want is something as a good backup for my 5000 and a machine my 15year old grandson can use when he comes camping
with me. My thoughts tend to sway towards a goldbug2 but as i have no knowledge of these machines i wish for some feedback on the subject. I would be also interested in a really good s/h unit. whgirt cheers ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Re: vlf backup detector

Post by Moneybox on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 7:32 pm

Ron we carry a White's Goldmaster GMT and we usually have the little 6"x4" coil fitted. It's light enough for a kid and quite capable of finding gold if the conditions are right. It's found gold but is most often used for coin and relic hunting and it's a pleasure to use and is a great backup.

We owned a Minelab X-Terra 705 and sold it. We've briefly tried the Minelab Eureka Gold and Goldbug 2 but we find our little White's the best of the bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:47 am

Thanks phil for the information will keep it in mind . cheers ron

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 6:40 am

Ive got a GB2 that I bring along as a backup Ron.

The thing that makes the machine different is the manual ground balance which has a coarse and fine tune control knob. Buy the unit with the 6" elliptical coil, adjust threshold ground noise slightly positive, set to high mineralization, sensitivity to 7, volume to Max and away you go waiting for a loud zzzzt  zzzzt sound.

Just got to repeat ground ground balance (fine tune control) as you move along as the ground changes.

They are great in that they are really light, don't need any harness, really only good for sniffing cut faces, chasing the little bits near the surface and on comparison tests Ive seen in that regard, are hard to beat in the $800 new price range.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm

My thoughts are a sdc 2300 if the budget will stretch
Mainly due to ease of use and deadly on the shallow stuff
Cheers tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggethill on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

I have a 4500 as a back up takes the same battery as the 5000 and various Coiltek coils

regards Harry
nuggethill

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 1:30 pm

I agree with Flying Kiwi... That detector is the ducks nuts for cleaning up patches if you can afford one and they hold their value well but, only thing is they are ergonomically screwed up and need a better audio system attached to get the best out of them. More affordable and wish they were out when I bought my ML5000.

Cheers.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 on Mon 21 Mar 2016, 7:21 pm

Thanks guys for all the information, i now have a loan of a whites goldmaster for my next trip ,thanks to col (pebbles)
and will evaluate performance before making my decision to buy a new one .Maybeeeee the budget will stretch to a
2300 with a bit of luck. KEEP HUNTING KEEP SAFE. cheers ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum