Just spent $100

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just spent $100

Post by Flouro on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 3:23 pm

Hi All,

Lashed out and bought 4 neomidium magnets to make a magnetic rake, I was going to buy the 12v electro magnets but not sure of there capabilities so opted for these

They are 50x50x25 ...50N neo's, will mount them in a plastic tube inside a plastic tube so I can strip the metal off easily and probably mount some wheels onto the tubes and a handle...for the missus(only kidding)

I bought the 4 for $103 hopefully get them just before easter, just before we head off for our first excursion the year

I'm gonna use them first up on a couple of metal strewn patches before we head off onto unknown territory for 2months

Cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Re: Just spent $100

Post by Moneybox on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm

Flouro wrote:Hi All,

Lashed out and bought 4 neomidium magnets to make a magnetic rake, I was going to buy the 12v electro magnets but not sure of there capabilities so opted for these

They are 50x50x25 ...50N neo's, will mount them in a plastic tube inside a plastic tube so I can strip the metal off easily and probably mount some wheels onto the tubes and a handle...for the missus(only kidding)

I bought the 4 for $103 hopefully get them just before easter, just before we head off for our first excursion the year

I'm gonna use them first up on a couple of metal strewn patches before we head off onto unknown territory for 2months

Cheers Ron

Ron I think you'd better pack the hacksaw. You might just get it stuck like the reef anchor with no way to release it. 4x50N Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 7:36 pm

Ron,
You're onto a winner, when first read, missed that you have pvc within pvc to release the ferrous.
Looking forward to see how it goes.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm

Nightjar wrote:Ron,
You're onto a winner, when first read, missed that you have pvc within pvc to release the ferrous.
Looking forward to see how it goes.

Oh, Ok you're a bit quicker on the uptake. I was wondering about how he was going to get it released lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 8:06 pm

Hi All,

I can see it now,locked forever stuck on an ironstone reef and no one can remove it

Hopefully it can make life a bit easier, I've always wanted an electro magnet but that will have to wait

Cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Sun 29 May 2016, 3:38 pm

Hi ron
Good to see you are thinking outside the square.Havent been in touch for a fair while cause of moving and building a new house but am trying head over asap.Hope this message finds you and sherie fit and well to keep finding them elusive
patches
Lindsay and Laraine

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Mon 30 May 2016, 5:39 pm

Hi Lindsay and Laraine,

Yeh, been a while, wondered what you's were up to, we did the same as you with the new house only a couple of years ago (16)how time flies

We havn't done the salt lake thing since the last one you passed on to us, many thanks for that

Sherri ,Yoda and I are still at it, but we used to get more gold in a year when we were running the park, anyways it's good to get out bush every winter and chase the yellow

Good to hear you will be back over soon, cheers

Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum