MASSIVE thanks to fredsnugget for the XT 18000!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MASSIVE thanks to fredsnugget for the XT 18000!!!!!!!

Post by danowner on Fri 26 Feb 2016, 9:34 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to give a MASSIVE thanks to Fredsnugget for the XT 18000!

It was planned that I'd pay postage for his old XT 18000 laying around in his spare room, to help me get started metal detecting. When I asked where to pay for the shipping, Fred insisted me not to, I got the 18k on Thursday, but crashed that night. Just wanted to thank you so much again Fred, and I'll be sending you thank you gifts for this extremely kind favour. I'll be going out with it this weekend a bit, then spending the whole Easter 4 day holiday with it up north somewhere, going spot to spot with my brother. Going to have an absolute blast with it! Here are some pictures of it:

P.S. I've re- coated the frame where there was metal, with satin black spray paint, just to bring back the new look to it. Also I bought a replacement arm rest as the original one had snapped, perfect fit and is actually a minelab one too, so it's the exact same and is made for it! Looks awesome, and still got the red dirt on the control box, gives it the tough, used look. I really am stocked with this amazing detector!

danowner

Back to top Go down

Re: MASSIVE thanks to fredsnugget for the XT 18000!!!!!!!

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:52 am

Good on you Fred for helping the young fella out(dansowner).It is really good to see some one as passionate about detecting to get a helping hand.Soon be able to hit the goldfields proper with the cooler weather dan.

All the best for the on coming season.

Cheers

Phil

cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by fredsnugget on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 3:30 pm

Glad it got to you mate. Best of luck with your travels and enjoy a great hobby. Whether your finding the good stuff or not the places you will end up going and spending time in the scrub make it a great pastime. Hopefully it will give you a bit of a start to get the gold fever going
Tim

fredsnugget

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 5:55 pm

I'm really looking forward to it, and I also found a little connector I had lying around for the detector, so I've got the setup using my personal headphones, that are quite good quality, connected to the detector. Works a treat! I'm looking forward to the long weekend getaway, I had going up north, just past all the private land (Not too far off pink lake), but I'm not sure if I'll find anything out there. Would anyone have a suggestion of a general location that could be a hot spot? I'll attach the picture of my headphones setup too.

danowner

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum