Need to clear up something for tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need to clear up something for tomorrow

Post by danowner on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 5:16 pm

Alright guys, so I've got heaps of support and help on my journey of gold prospecting, in just 1 week I've learnt that tenements exist, and that I need (And now have), a mining rights license. I've found a few spots that I'm really interested in, they don't have Tenements, pending or live, they're just land. I'm trying to figure out who owns this land though, and what I need to go on it. I am planning on going to these spots located in Toodyay tomorrow, and hopefully Sunday, will keep you posted on my finds. But what form/ agreement do I need to go on these blocks of land? I'll add the pictures, and hopefully someone can help me to understand what I need to do to get there tomorrow. Also, I've got a website that has a standard template for a permission letter, but again need someone to help me figure out if all this is legal. Here are the pics:

This is the site with the prospecting letter template, I read the template and it seems professional, but just wondering if it's updated with the latest laws, or prospectors manual, that was changed in 2014?

This is the first spot I'm interested in, there doesn't seem to be any farm housing, except 2km away, so that could possibly be the owner, and I might have to go door knocking, although the admin on here 'CrazyPete', has gone there before, and he explained that he went under the bridge, which is now got a live tenement on it. Here's a screenshot of the place he was talking about:

This one is at Harper brook, no tenements anywhere near there, and it looks as though there is a farm just close to it. It's off Clackline - Toodyay Road. I'm assuming this one is just door knocking, but yeah just wanted to see if I could use that permission form.

Cheers guys, hopefully I can get a full response to clear up anything before tomorrow, otherwise might have to call off the trip, or go to pending tenements. Oh, that's another thing: If there is a tenement pending, do I still have to get a permission form from the land owner? Or can I walk on there as I please? I contacted a mining company here in Ozzy park, and they replied really respectfully, giving me full authorization to prospect, but that I just needed to contact the land owner, so they didn't own the land at all, just had an exploration Tenement for it.

Thanks!

danowner

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to clear up something for tomorrow

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 7:28 pm

If its private land permission is needed for entry regardless of tenement type.
If it's leasehold permission is not needed but you still have to let the bloke know your entering his land.

CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 7:50 pm

As Pete has said, check with the Farmer.
Unless the law has changed, you have 3 types of ground to content with.
1. Pastoral Lease (which is Crown Land but that's a longer story)
2. Freehold Land ( farming properties held by the farmer)  where you are heading should be Freehold, so ask the property owner for permission.
3. Vacant Crown Land (which usually is part of a Pastoral Lease).
It can get confusing but drive into the farm house and ask permission.  Show them your aerial pics.  providing they aren't harvesting or running stock you shouldn't have a problem for such a small area.  
Simple Rule, it doesn't hurt to ask and saves problems if you get caught without permission.  Keep them happy.
Have fun.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm

Okay that clears it up heaps more, I've been trying to find a way to get the owner's info, but no luck. Also, is there a way to actually know if it's Leasehold?

danowner

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum