GP EXtreme and NF Sadie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GP EXtreme and NF Sadie

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 5:21 pm

Was thinking of getting rid of my old extreme but it's still a good machine.
Has anyone used the NF sadie with this machine ? and how did it go ?
It would be cheaper than buying a 2300.
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: GP EXtreme and NF Sadie

Post by Flouro on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 6:38 pm

Hi BN,

The size of coil can make a difference when chasing small gold but by far the main thing would be timings and the GP detector has only one set in concrete, whereas the GPX series have multiple timings to choose from and by far the best for this would be the GPX5000 with the fine gold timing...it really does work

The GPZ is another fly shite detector as is the SDC, you will get small gold with the GP range used with a small coil but you will limit your chances because it basically isn't "fast" enough

A VLF machine will get very small gold "but" it will not handle "hot" ground

Both the GPX5000 and the SDC will/can see gold that other machines cannot see, so use the GP EX if you must but you will leave a lot of gold behind

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:32 pm

Yeah agree with the above. I put the sadie on my old extreme many times with out much success, hit those same spots later with a 5000 for good results. A lot of the nuggets I found later (with the 5000) had me scratchin my head that I could have missed them (with the extreme), as they say- the proof is in the pudding.
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I won't waste the money on the sadie. It works ok with a 14x9 mono, was hoping it would pick up better with the sadie.
As for the 7000, I have picked up a .1 with it, it just needs some getting used too.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum