How secure is your gold

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How secure is your gold

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 9:16 am

This poor bloke has just lost his last few years worth of nuggets from some low life.I think its a reminder to think about securing your nuggies in a safe spot.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-11/gold-nuggets-stolen-from-cowell-home/6844622

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Re: How secure is your gold

Post by gold n beer on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm

that's a lot of gold laying around the house.

imagine the high's in finding that amount of gold over 8 years and the lows in having it stolen in minutes

poor bugger
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 3:22 pm

you wouldnt see me with that much at home, asking for trouble. low lifes will kill ya for a few grand now a days.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

What a shocker that is. To see all ya hard work walk out the door.
Hope he gets it back or at least some of it.
Why aren't we allowed to shoot the low life bastard scum ?

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 5:57 pm

Yep.Baseball bat to the knee-caps and off with the hands.But seriously the less you tell people of your hordes the better I think.
Hopefully he will be caught and the gold returned.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:22 pm

Too much gold to keep at home, but if you are going to, have security cameras and a vault, more than a 120 grand is a hell of a lot to lose. I know what it's like to lose gold (small pieces, accidently dropped in the creek, or see it go over the pan, never to see again) Oh, if any one finds a gold bottle with a piece of gold in it washed up on the beach, my son accidently dropped in the swollen river, we never found it, never know some one might be lucky, or it will go to the bottom of the ocean.
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 4:27 am

One of the biggest mistakes that you can make when it comes to gold is to tell anybody at all about it, and more particularly where you keep it, I have heard many stories of people being robbed but I cant say that I am at all surprised.

I have seen people openly display large quantities of gold nuggets for all to see strangers and all, and one old bloke openly saying he had about 30 ounces of nuggets and about thirty grand in cash stashed in his caravan, its a sad fact that this is what often leads to you getting robbed.

In this day and age there are people out there who look for these types of opportunities and apart from losing your gold you can possibly be hurt in the process if you are there when they decide to try and get it.

Best bet is to keep it to yourself, hide it well or the safer thing to do is sell it and spend the cash on more toys, beer, and useful stuff.

au-prospector

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 8:33 pm

You're right au fever, it is the biggest mistake to display to strangers, I have shown gold to family or friend that I know well, but only shown pics to strangers, and when asked if I still have the gold, the answer always is "No, been sold" even if I still have the gold, they don't know any different, and there's no proof that it is still in my possession. Always pays to be safe, you never know what, or who strangers are, and funnily enough gold is like a magnet.
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum