No Gold anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Gold anymore

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm

I was reading a post on another forum complaining that it's now getting hard to find surface gold anymore in WA.
I thought to myself, what do they want ?  X marks the spot ?
You either do the well worn "Tourist" patches or you look for new ground.
Seems some of our ES detectorists want it easy.  
JMO

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: No Gold anymore

Post by gold n beer on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm

i should hope that you replied Cliff agreeing with there comment.

it's bloody tough lol!

no gold at all, the place is dry.
better off your side of this island.

geez and i'm a ex vic
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedigger on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm

I would say that ES detectorist are a bit short of time.
Regards Frank

thedigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 12:24 am

thedigger wrote:I would say that ES detectorist are a bit short of time.
Regards Frank

Nope, I don't think that's the case, a well known area that I looked in on last season had three/four ES caravans camped up together in the one spot, they had been there for about three months apparently, anyway I had a look about and there was not an unchained piece of ground for several hundred metres from the camp in all directions, snagged a nice specie on the surface that the missed though lol!

When areas are worked so thoroughly as that one had been there's no surprise that there are few pieces left for the next time you visit.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 6:28 pm

au-fever wrote:
thedigger wrote:I would say that ES detectorist are a bit short of time.
Regards Frank

Nope, I don't think that's the case, a well known area that I looked in on last season had three/four ES caravans camped up together in the one spot, they had been there for about three months apparently, anyway I had a look about and there was not an unchained piece of ground for several hundred metres from the camp in all directions, snagged a nice specie on the surface that the missed though lol!

When areas are worked so thoroughly as that one had been there's no surprise that there are few pieces left for the next time you visit.

au-fever

Yes au we found the same. The patch we ended up on after the muster had two groups that had been there for weeks. Each had a 7000 and SDC although one swapped the SDC for the 5000 when she couldn't stand the noise anymore. The ground had been cross chained and cross chained again. We still got 200 tiny nuggets with the SDC off the 1 acre (measured by GPS) we took over after the 7000 moved off.

Even then you'd expect it to be all gone but right in the end I wanted to make it to 35g so reworked some ground that I had already done and pulled out a few more. The wind was so fierce most of the time that we couldn't hear the small change in the threshold. Then the SDC squarked half the time that the swing changed from left to right so any signals at that time would have been missed as well. We'd have turned down the sensitivity but we could only get down to about 3" as it was and if we dropped it back we got no gold at all.

We noticed the difference in how many finds we got if the wind dropped for a bit so I recon anybody could go back to the same spot on a still day and pull out a lot more around 0.1g or smaller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:58 am

Yes the 2300 can be a bit ratty, I usually run mine on 2or 3, rarely above that, I have modified a b&z booster and attached it to the side of it and run headphones, the speaker to me with my hearing is useless.

Great machine for picking up tiddlers, also found it very good when working a reef to find the small prickly bits and species, definately finds stuff that the 4500 and 5000,s wont hear.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum