7000GPZ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7000GPZ

Post by BIG GEM on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm

In defence of the 7000 I know a lot of people including myself are not convinced it's a "quantum leap" forward, but recently before leaving a patch at Cue, that we have gone over the last 7 years with every Minelab detector possible and half the population of Cue have done it, in the last two days before I had to return to Perth, I found 26 bits, of which, two holes had 2 bits in it, one hole had 3 bits in it and six holes where from previous digs. I have to say, I was gobbed smacked. The biggest was .4

Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Re: 7000GPZ

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 5:44 pm

You are right Bob, the 7000 does need some getting used to.  When you use it for the first time, it's really trial and error depending on the type of ground you are walking.
As for target signal, it does hit and it hits good.
Just saw something on youtube which will help with settings depending on the WA ground.
I'm starting to think the high yield and general is not always the best option.
With the hot iron stone content, I found it worked best in general/difficult.  I was probably losing the little pieces.
But a lot was just ground noise and how many holes do you want to dig.
For me it's still trial and error. try different settings on a found target.  From what I'm seeing, you may have to change your settings if you think you have hit something.
JMO

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm

Hi Cliff

Just visited Jonathon Porter web site and it states the secret for WA is to ground balance manually. I have asked for clarification on this as advice to me is the opposite. Are you or any members aware of this statement.

Cheers Bob
Like · Reply · 2 mins

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:53 pm

i know that jase firmly believes in ground balancing manually. his thoughts are that the machine is designed to read the ground your in and will settle down to the mineralisation that is present. if you use the use the ferite ring you are kind of doing a default general purpose balance that wont suit the ground you are detecting on. using general difficult is only dumbing down the machine but sometimes you just have to use it. better to persist in general high yield and learn to hear the difference. I must say the last week I spent with Jase taught me a lot and that gold will give off a distinct sound on the 7k. also this thing about raising the coil off the ground is crap. whats the point of having the depth advantage when you are 6 inches off the ground. also swing the 7k by all means if your not experiencing the hee haw but your better to push and steer the coil with a slight swing.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm

I do have the ferrite but didn't use it at the muster. I just did the ground balance tango over the ground we were on.
Once it was settled down, it was fine. But, I have to say, there were areas at the Muster site where high yield and general just didn't work.
I stayed in general/difficult due to the high iron stone content, magnetic hot rocks everywhere and Deet (nuggiedreamer) saw that.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

yep it will ping the hot rocks but most are kicked away easily as their usually on the surface. you will dig a few but thats a small price for the gain high yield gives. after a while you can hear the difference but who wont dig them anyway, same as lead and a 5k or an SDC. you will ping a small nugget 12 inches deep that you will miss in difficult or the big one deeper. anyway that's how arguably the best operator of the 7k in WA ive seen does it. IMO. big things are happening with this fella, cant say much about it ATM but time will show all.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 2:52 pm

[quote="martinjsto" big things are happening with this fella, cant say much about it ATM but time will show all. [/quote]

never met or spoke to Jase but have heard on the grape vines what's going on [small world lol]
like to wish him all the best

cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:14 pm

best to keep it quiet for now. Cool jase will let everyone know when its time.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm

yep me lips are sealed Martin, no prob's.

gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

I've never really had a chance to sit down with Jase and have a good discussion.  All I can say is, for all the hard work, he deserves it.
Well done.  eafgh

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 6:04 pm

he sure does Cliff, he goes hard every season and reaps the rewards. good on him

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm

Which area is Jase hiding in at the moment?

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:01 pm

thats anyones guess, he is all over the state and difficult to track down. you will usually find him where the gold is.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 7:32 am

I look each week for the next explanation to justify the 7000. I travel for 5 hours full of excitement cos the new way to set up is going to work, not like the last setup info which was so last week. I know it works as good operators are on top of it. I have spent the time with each start up, balancing each setting in anticipation, having another cuppa while the machine devours the local information into it's brain, I head off with a quiet machine and know that this time it's good. Unfortunately the hee haws are lurking. I have located small targets with the 2300 and left them undisturbed but would never have picked it up with the 7000 if I didn't know that X marks the spot. My disappointment lies in the fact that I cant enjoy my investment through what is obviously my own stupidity. Thank God for the SD2300.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Nugget on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm

if its got the so called "hee haws", i'm afraid to say you aint doing it right.
perhaps your so used to the PI machines that the old dog is struggling with the new tricks. Laughing

The Z is an SDC and a 5000 all rolled into one and you dont need to keep changing coils or cover the ground twice.

Dont believe you are dumbing it down by using audio-smoothing high. It will still get bits that wont even register on the scales.

JMHO

Cheers Wink

Big Nugget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 12:01 am

Despite hearing the occasional bleat from a supporter of the gpz7000 I have also been hearing grumblings on the grapevine about unsatisfied gpz7000 owners that are bouncing the term "class action" about.

Heard it first from a mate who has been staying in a caravan park in a well known area, as people were discussing it there, then I have seen on another forum there is a discussion about it as well, have to wonder what the real story is.

Seems that people are getting bits and pieces with them but are dissatisfied because they are not doing any better than they were before with their 5000's etc, I think its more about the advertising hype and huge claims that were made about its ability in the sales spiels that people believed but they haven't been able to achieve the themselves in reality.

At the end of the day the reality could simply be that regardless of the claims of a machines capability, flogged ground is flogged ground, and the gold does not grow back does it?, sure you might snag the odd missed piece as we all have done on old patches but the best gold will be found on virgin ground, and from experience I know that any pi machine will do that job efficiently enough.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Nugget on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 6:53 am

well said au-fever, it has to be in the ground is the first pre-requisite, 2nd is you have to walk over it. Do you run a Z ?

cheers Wink

Big Nugget

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

cheers guys, nothing like a sit, beer and reflect to calm down. It's good to hear the likes of Jase having success and a goodly amount of time on the job to sort out what is a totally different concept in detecting. Will have to try and bump into one of you blokes to observe. I'm thinking that the manual tuning and staying on top of that may be where I'm not paying full attention. In the mean time, long live the 2300 for simplicity.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm

Big Nugget wrote:well said au-fever, it has to be in the ground is the first pre-requisite, 2nd is you have to walk over it. Do you run a Z ?

cheers Wink

I don't have a 7000 but still happy with the 4500 and 2300, I think for me the 7000 is not suitable as I can be limited now in the coil sizes I can use, years of swinging big coils has deteriorated my shoulder joint and I find that I require the ability to be able to change coils as pain and conditions dictate, apart from that I am a bit unsure of its true ability as apposed to the proven productive capabilities of the 4500 and also the 2300, both are tried and tested and if there is gold there I know I will find it, confidence in the machine you are using is just as important as its capability.

If the option of being able to change to a smaller coil existed then I probably would have bought one already to try it out for myself, I don't doubt that its a capable machine in the right hands but like all new machines it takes time to master so in reality its early days and its a learning curve for all who have bought one to date, some people will persevere and do well and others will give it away in favour of something else that they are more comfortable with.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Nugget on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm

au-fever wrote:
Big Nugget wrote:well said au-fever, it has to be in the ground is the first pre-requisite, 2nd is you have to walk over it. Do you run a Z ?

cheers Wink

I don't have a 7000 but still happy with the 4500 and 2300, I think for me the 7000 is not suitable as I can be limited now in the coil sizes I can use, years of swinging big coils has deteriorated my shoulder joint and I find that I require the ability to be able to change coils as pain and conditions dictate, apart from that I am a bit unsure of its true ability as apposed to the proven productive capabilities of the 4500 and also the 2300, both are tried and tested and if there is gold there I know I will find it, confidence in the machine you are using is just as important as its capability.

If the option of being able to change to a smaller coil existed then I probably would have bought one already to try it out for myself, I don't doubt that its a capable machine in the right hands but like all new machines it takes time to master so in reality its early days and its a learning curve for all who have bought one to date, some people will persevere and do well and others will give it away in favour of something else that they are more comfortable with.

au-fever

fair enough au-fever. I've never run the 4500 or 2300 so i cannot comment on their performance.

cheers Wink

Big Nugget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum