Finding Porphyry Dykes on a 100K Geo Map - help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding Porphyry Dykes on a 100K Geo Map - help

Post by farm boy on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

Hi Guys

I am trying to find some feldspar porphyry dykes on a 100K geo map, or just porphyry dykes. Everywhere Ive read it mentions there are porphyry dykes on this particular map, but I cant find anything like that on the maps. Anyone know what I should be looking for on a 100K geo map here in WA?

Cheers
FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding Porphyry Dykes on a 100K Geo Map - help

Post by mulgadansa on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 8:02 am

Gday FB
The map legend may have a description of feldspar/porphyry dykes but there need not necessarily be one on that particular map. The area of the dyke will be shown as white with a pink stripe through it and the stripe is broken by small pink beads.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:00 pm

Thanks brett. Ill have a good look tonight. Dont recall seeing anything in the 100k description legend but ill have a look for the pink stripe stuff cheers fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:59 am

Hey brett the only thing i could see on the map was a symbol which in the legend represented as a mafic or ultramafic dyke. Could this be meant to include a porphyry dyke. Geology ahh very confusing! Cheers fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum