Tengraph to Oziexplorer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tengraph to Oziexplorer

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 06 Jun 2015, 5:49 pm

Is it possible to do overlays from Tengraph to Oziexplorer and use the BU353 ?

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Tengraph to Oziexplorer

Post by wizman on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:35 am

Bignuggs,
If by overlays you mean the geo maps, tenements, minedex data etc., then I believe there is a good chance you can do it using the software tool mapc2mapc and google earth pro which is now free. You will need to download all of the data you want to view from the dmp software download site described elsewhere (quite well) on this site. GEP will let you load shape files for viewing as well as kml and kmz. All you should need to do is load the overlays for the area you're interested in and save the image as a jpg. You'll also need to add 4 waypoint pegs to the image first and write the coordinates for them down. They will be used to geo reference the image in mapc2mapc next.
mapc2mapc will create a map from the georeferenced jpg that can targeted for many different devices including oziexplorer. I target my android phone so I don't have specific experience with ozi but feel pretty confident it can be done.

Good luck,
Wizman

wizman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 4:22 pm

Thanks Wiz, I should have made my query a bit more clearer. my bad for not giving more info.
What I meant was, from tengraph you can download the tenement overlay map into google earth as save as a kmz file.
Can the saved kmz file then be loaded into Oziexplorer and have it as a moving map with the BU353 so you know if you are inside a tenement.
Now here's a new question.
I've just got myself a new hema N7. what can I load into it ?
Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

Hi Cliff,

I put my Tengraph on ozi, bit of a process but can be done. Let me know if you want the details as I have them on a word doc.

madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

Hi Madmax80

Are you able to send a copy of Tengraph to Ozi document as Joan is very wavy with computers and software and appreciate any help in this regards to save any frustrations. Thanks. Cheers. Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:56 am

why not just use google earth Cliff, overlay geo maps as above using corner coordinates as a reference and load the tenements klm files. the BU353 will work fine. this is what i do.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 2:12 pm

The 2 day trip I did up SX and Bullfinch way, I tried using the BU353 with google earth offline with the kmz files I had loaded but the bloody thing wouldn't work in "realtime" tracking.  It's possible it's faulty but too late now as I bought the hemaN7.
I've got the software loaded now for the hema and what I need can be loaded into the hemanavigater providing that you save google earth images as "KML".
Then you have to convert them to a "PLT" file using some Free software called "GPSBabel".  
Same sort of set up as just using google earth and tengraph data and tracks can be loaded into the hema.
Just another drama for me but I'm getting there  

Last edited by Bignuggs on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : file name change)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum