ALERT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALERT

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 5:50 pm

I've Tried a few times to call Martin who is one our forum managers but his phone is switched off.
appears there was a major fire in Northhampton and it appears a good part of the town had to be avacuated.
If any one has been in contact with Martin and his Wife, please let us know. I hope they are safe.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: ALERT

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

Hi Cliff.I have just got back last night from a prospecting trip with Martin and a few others.I departed company with him at Mt Magnet yesterday lunch time and he was thinking of spending a night at a spot near Yalgoo.Maybe he did not have any mobile coverage where he was.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm

Hi Cliff, just got off the phone to Martin, he has just got back from his detecting trip, the fire hasn't affected his part of town so they are ok. The fire is very serious as there is a lot of contamination over the town as the hardware was right in the middle, all businesses are closed till further notice.
Chris
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

So all is good hopefully. With a bit of luck or lots of it, it didn't affect their new home.
Thanks for reporting back to us guys. Much appreciated.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm

hi guys and thanks for the concern Cliff, all good here although the smoke is smelly. we are a little away from the centre of town but karen could see the gas bottles exploding and shooting up in the air. looks like we have brought some bad luck to the town with the first cyclone for 30 yrs then this. bummer eh. just b4 i left i chatted to leanne and clive the hardware owners, they are lovely people that have to start from scratch now, life throws some doosies at you sometimes.
cheers guys for updating cliff, no gold at the yalgoo spot but worth a look.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum