There are Times

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There are Times

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm

I've lost a lot of interest in this mongrel game. I was looking for a spark and was hoping the 7000 would do it.
Well, I've been reading posts on different forums and watching vids. There has been good and bad reports.
I'm still not entirely convinced it is worth $10,700
All I've seen is small stuff dug up at a depth maybe a little deeper but surely a 5000 that has been set up correctly with a bigger selection of coils could do the same.
So convince me I'd be better off buying a 7000 instead of buying a new 5000.
$10,700 versus $6,400 (current price from a dealer)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: There are Times

Post by cruiser1 on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

Have to agree with you there Cliff,at the moment I will stick with the 5k and options of different coils to suit the various ground conditions.
But in saying that,the 7k is still in its infancy stage and only time will tell.The season here in the west has not got into full swing yet and hopefully a lot more info will come to light as the season progress`s.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 4:17 am

At the end of the day it comes down to the amount of time you spend on the ground, no matter what machine you are using you still have to get the coil over the target, the more ground you cover the greater the chance you have of getting gold.

If you are getting consistent gold with the machine you have then your doing ok, there is no holy grail of detectors as yet and as we have seen in the past each type of detector vlf or pi, it has taken many models to refine it to the point of being consistent, its not going to be any different with the gpz7000, in real terms you could say the 7000 as it is using some new technology can be viewed as being equivalent to an sd2000 as apposed to what it might develop into 10 models later as the gpx5000.

As far as the price goes, if it came out at $20,000+ people would still buy it, people are buying the dream and in this competitive world everyone wants to be the one to get there first, some are going to come to the conclusion within days that they have not bought a miracle just another tool with all the strengths and weaknesses of every other machine that came before it, hence there are quite a few up for sale already, and some will persevere long enough to become proficient with it, but only time will tell.

Gold does not grow back like mushrooms and the detector is not always the answer to getting it either, you simply have to spend the time on the ground and that's the way its always been and always will be, having confidence in the machine you are using and having a positive attitude will serve you better than thinking that always a newer machine is going to be the answer.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

As an east coaster its interesting that WA & Vic finds with the 7000 , so far , aren't mind blowing , Unless they are keeping it quiet ...?

Ive read elsewhere that videos are around of
10oz + pieces found with the 7000 , Incl. 1 vid
by JP .

Sitting in Brisbane im just itching to get to any Goldfield
for a swing with my 5000
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 8:35 am

au-fever wrote:At the end of the day it comes down to the amount of time you spend on the ground, no matter what machine you are using you still have to get the coil over the target, the more ground you cover the greater the chance you have of getting gold.

If you are getting consistent gold with the machine you have then your doing ok, there is no holy grail of detectors as yet and as we have seen in the past each type of detector vlf or pi, it has taken many models to refine it to the point of being consistent, its not going to be any different with the gpz7000, in real terms you could say the 7000 as it is using some new technology can be viewed as being equivalent to an sd2000 as apposed to what it might develop into 10 models later as the gpx5000.

As far as the price goes, if it came out at $20,000+ people would still buy it, people are buying the dream and in this competitive world everyone wants to be the one to get there first, some are going to come to the conclusion within days that they have not bought a miracle just another tool with all the strengths and weaknesses of every other machine that came before it, hence there are quite a few up for sale already, and some will persevere long enough to become proficient with it, but only time will tell.

Gold does not grow back like mushrooms and the detector is not always the answer to getting it either, you simply have to spend the time on the ground and that's the way its always been and always will be, having confidence in the machine you are using and having a positive attitude will serve you better than thinking that always a newer machine is going to be the answer.

au-fever

Wholeheartedly agree with every word there AU-fever Wink  well put and a great post mate.

Any detector is just a tool, no different to the humble pan or Sluice/Blower, it's the users knowledge and tenacity
that is the key to finding gold.

Anth - I suppose you've given the Warrick area a good floggin ?
Dont feel alone mate, i'm stuck 342k from the GT and surounded by Cow Sh1t and fine gold..
Oh just to dig one friggin nugget this week would be a dream we both wish would come true ay
Right'o im off to take a serapax to ease this bloody afliction  Razz

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:03 pm

here ya go cliff, take a look half way down the page, JP has posted a pic of his finds with the gpz. a three way split so he didnt ping all of them but all found with a gpz7000.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/703-gpz-7000-finds-large-gold-nuggets/

and this one

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/715-gold-i-found-in-victoria-with-the-gpz/

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1:01 pm

Thanks Martin

Great links

Big pieces :):):):):)

Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by wilddog on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 6:17 pm

Nice big slugs......Wa i presume. Love to see a vid of them being dug up, at what depth?

wilddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Very nice handfull there JP was thinking the same thing looks like Pilbara gold kwdf hjjo

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by wilddog on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

There the ones you want.....stuff the point 2 s......... lol! lol! lol!

wilddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

I've spent the last week or so being whats known as a troll. reading forums for all the news about the 7000 and watching all the vids. I'm a born sceptic and I like to see vision of the find.
I haven't seen one deep nugget dug yet and most of the holes that have been dug, I asked myself, why didn't a 5000 get it.
To continue an argument, the 5000 can use a bigger selection of coils and has more settings, including SALT which is missing from the 7000.
so why is it now, they are digging holes anywhere between 0 and 12 inches and saying, a 5000 missed it ??
and to add insult to injury, I read somewhere, where it was said, the 7000 might struggle in the WA ground. If thats the case, then why buy it.
seems to me, yes it was rushed as a release and until I see thorough tests of the machine done in WA conditions, then it's not worth a pinch of goat shite.
JMO

PS. yes I can spend $10,700 but not until I see definite proof it will be money well spent.

Cheers From
Cranky Me

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm

[/quote]
stuck 342k from the GT and surounded by Cow Sh1t and fine gold..
Oh just to dig one friggin nugget this week would be a dream we both wish would come true ay
Right'o im off to take a serapax to ease this bloody afliction  Razz

Pete Cool[/quote]

Ha ha ONLY 342k's... in VIC.
thats almost the k's we do here just to top up the eski or the 1st refuel on the way to find more yellow stuff, stop sooking lweg
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 7:29 am

Razz  342 k's is about 5 roadside sleeps for you Deet lol!
so in the end it'll still take you a day gettin there

It's Friday, hook into it kwdf lweg

Hey, i found a pcture of Strijkie when i saw him doin up his backyard cabin  man them Mango and Vodka slurps knocked us  drunken  Razz  Razz

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 9:14 am

Pete, Mango juice and Wodka, noice!
Were you there mate? can't remember scratch lweg

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

Dont ya remember blowin up your expensive speakers hahaha ya tripper lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

Can't remember a thing mate!! Rolling Eyes drunken

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm

Yep il add to that Cliff, still early days yet I spose... I'm not giving up the day job for it. lweg
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum