gpz assembly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gpz assembly

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:02 am

if u havent put together a ctx then u will need to follow the instructions and make sure u align the cords when u screw them into the power house..

yep the coil is rather weighty so for those of us that havent been to the gym u will need to assemble the pro swing 45 to your desired stance,

i dont have a problem with the arm rest as i wear long sleeved shirts and u can put some neopreen in there to make it a bit more comfy, but stuffit all i want to do is dig some nuggets this weekend....

put the batteries on charge so u will be ready to go the next morning.

Noticed when i hooked up the usb to the puter to charge the WM12 I had to reboot the puter..for it to start charging..

the truth of the pudding wil be in the performance..

thats one thing i did notice when charging the battery the red warning light came on and i put that down to it being 38*c in the workshop. After a couple of minutes she is off and charging again.

and geez i wouldnt be getting all uptight if u havent got one for a month or 2 coz its bloody hot in the pilbara and impending wet weather coming down the coast early next week.

i'll plod on

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Re: gpz assembly

Post by Wedgetail on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:22 am

Ray,

Minelab will have to do better than "a month or two". It may be hot in The Pilbara but April in Kal is quite pleasant.

This "dripfeed" of new detectors is what created merry hell with a few ML releases in the last few years. The SD2000 release created a lot of acrimony between the detecting public and Minelab, not to mention it also broke up a few mateships - but that's more a case of "Human Manure" - AKA Human nature.

One would imagine that ML had this all lined up with a thousand machines in the warehouse. Have they got them, is my question?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:46 am

dont know Les but was p*ssed of when they only sent me 2...

then I get told that i cant release them till the 23rd and every dealer out there has released their allocated batch.

waste of time whinging just gotta get on with it.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:03 pm

Ray, there should be a USB port in the charger to charge the WM12, well the CTX charger has a USB port to do it anyway.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:22 pm

there is but i was a bit wary of overloading the charger due to the heat..

cheers --39.7*c now

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:29 pm

oneday wrote:dont know Les but was p*ssed of when they only sent me 2...

then I get told that i cant release them till the 23rd and every dealer out there has released their allocated batch.

waste of time whinging just gotta get on with it.

regards
oneday

I guess your right there is no point whinging BUT one of the yanks was bragging how he had a huge shipment on it's way, huge to me means just that, it would be interesting to hear what the other Australian dealers were allocated, i bet they got more than two, Minelab should be supporting the smaller dealers like yourself.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:37 pm

2 affraid 1 for you and 1 to sell, very kind hearted of Minelab to look after you like that. I can see lots of people being p*ssed at having to wait ages if they treat all the dealers like this Evil or Very Mad

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:40 pm

Well said Banjo. A bit more support and consideration for dealers would trickle down to us, the people that actually pay the money. Mind you, I am aware that dealers have to be VERY careful not to criticise ML in any way. I know one that got the chop in Perth, another in the USA that did but the outcry forced ML to back down, plus another that was warned.

I've never been happy with ML's marketing over many years.

Let's hope Ray can keep us posted on how good (or bad!) this thing is. I'm also interested in that screen and whether it can be clearly seen when the sun's shining.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:47 pm

I've just called two ML dealers and sure enough they are suffering the same - ML are drip feeding us. I hope it's not gonna be October like it was with the SD2000!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

i'll be in perth -about 18th march and when i come i'll drop yours of for u..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 3:06 pm

Thanks Ray,,,,,,,,,,I'll see ya straight when I get me new glasses! Razz

Oddly enough, I was just talking to ML Sales in Adelaide about the possible fall out from any long delays. She was a lovely lady, Becky. She assured me that ML will supply the whole backlog by mid-March and they will be in surplus to current market demand by then. BTW - no names were mentioned during the making of this movie.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by driller on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

Oh Dear !

The nice lady on my patch has forward sold a shipload. Mostly fully paid in advance. Might go down Monday morning and watch the circus.  Should get heated ............. Sad

driller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm

I notice at the base of the coil , where it comes through the bottom of the shaft , sits a lot better on the 7000 than on the
CTX3030 -

N.B - this pic taken from another forum

Anthony
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 19 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm

apparently that is gold that he found with the 7k. he is another minelab tester I believe.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum