Data Scraping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Data Scraping

Post by driller on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm

I was out at the Mines Dept this am using the public computer and right in the middle of the screen is a letter written by Mr Ivor Roberts warning those that data scrape will have their Tengraph access suspended.
This topic was hotly discussed at a Workshop recently held in Kal Mines Dept by Mr Roberts. He said he would take it onboard and do something about it and he has.

This is a victory for those of us that don`t have access to this software............... cheers

Driller.

driller

Back to top Go down

Re: Data Scraping

Post by Guest on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm

SOME GOOD NEWS --but will wait and see what does eventuate.

now the fight against an unjust tax goes on.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm

yes getting the heads up through illegal software is like inside trading and needed to be stamped out immediately. now I hope they take a good look at the new fees and see sense. the APLA is on record as seeing them as unjust and unfair and they are the only ones that have a say for us all so we will see were the fight ends up.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:45 pm

"Screen Scraping" on the DMP systems has been going on for many years. I became aware of it 4 or 5 years ago and spoke to the DMP IT people in Perth about it. They knew about it but weren't interested in stopping the practice.

This will go the same way, nothing will get done. It's a bit like every other bloody thing the DMP shouts about, "We'll take action if we catch you",,,,but they do SFA about trying to catch anybody.

Been there, done that.

Bit like the police taking the drivers licence off a non-paid fine, drunk or hoon driver,,,,,,,,,,,,,so what, they'll just drive without one!!

Come back 12 months and tell me if anyone has their Tengraph account suspended.

"Tell him he's dreaming"

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:50 pm

its sad when WA has a heart of Gold yet our bloody politicians want to keep adding tax after tax...with that other idiot gone --the one that got p*ssed every day and was in charge of the till well all I can say is that voters have long memories--

look at what happened in qld--well u can figure it out ---

I think that APLA needs to directly target old Bill and jab him with a pineapple.
Nail the environmentalist anti mining advisors that also surround him..

cant wait till i talk to Mr Grylls..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

As a retired long term public servant, I can tell you now.
CEO's or Director Generals of government departments just do as they are told by the government of the day.
Don't expect to get any change from DMP with Duck Pond Colin holding the reins.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by driller on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 9:52 am

Well it seems we have got some action from Dr Ivor Roberts on this one.

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/7105_21325.aspx

Driller.

driller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 9:55 am

i dont know why they dont just leave it open for 7 days (once a tenement becomes vacant) as a free for all,,surely this will settle the dust at the wardens court as well

throw all the applicants in a barrel and see what number pops out first---geez not real hard..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

oneday wrote:i dont know why they dont just leave it open for 7 days (once a tenement becomes vacant) as a free for all,,surely this will settle the dust at the wardens court as well

throw all the applicants in a barrel and see what number pops out first---geez not real hard..

regards
oneday

Ray,

The most vital philosophy of the Mining Act is the "First in Time" principle. That principle has been around since the days of Paddy Hannan and without it the small guy would get slaughtered and not just on tenement applications either. It's pillar of the Act. It's removal is fraught with danger. Data Scraping denies us all the benefits of that "First in Time" principle.

Plus the added cost to the whole application system would be enormous if we start using the EL ballot system for every tenement of every type. Fees would go through the roof as more wardens would be needed.

I'll stick with what we've got thank you.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:24 am

driller wrote:Well it seems we have got some action from Dr Ivor Roberts on this one.

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/7105_21325.aspx

Driller.

Ya gotta love Ivor Roberts. If there's one bloke in the DMP that believes in prospectors and "a fair suck on the sauce bottle". it's Mr Roberts. He's a quiet bloke to talk to but ya better listen when he does 'cos he knows his stuff like the back of his hand.

Big thanks to Ivor Roberts I reckon. Now lets see how the companies get round this one! Next on the chopping block is direct "collusion" using shelf companies. At least with "screen scraping" outta the way, a case can now be brought to court that collusion must have occurred to get that leased pegged so quickly. "If ya didn't screen scrape, then how did you know it was gonna be surrendered"?

I still wanna see more explanation of how this new system will work.

Love it!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by driller on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:19 am

"Collusion"...........now there`s a word that rubs my fur up the wrong way.

That and "stacking".

driller

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:21 am

I think......collusion is not about one party knowing the other is going to drop a tenement. That's ok as long as the bloke/company that is dropping the tenement has no interests in the new tenement. That's where collusion can occur.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 8:32 am

pilko wrote:I think......collusion is not about one party knowing the other is going to drop a tenement. That's ok as long as the bloke/company that is dropping the tenement has no interests in the new tenement. That's where collusion can occur.

The above is only true because the connection can be proven. Collusion is easy to prove because it's clearly visible. e.g a company has ground in its name and drops it. Minutes or hours later a director of the company or a relation of his pegs it. That's the connection and collusion in easy to spot. (remember? affraid ),,,and it's illegal in the Mining Act anyway.

What's not easy to prove is if Wedgetail drops ground and tells Banjo beforehand that he's gonna drop it. Banjo then pegs it say an hour later. That's still collusion but it's nigh on impossible to prove and the DMP aren't interested anyway 'cos it's all too hard.

Next bit that's almost impossible to prove is when a company plans to drop ground and gets a shelf company with lots of different director's names and no connection to itself, to peg the ground within an hour or less of the first company dropping the ground. Happens all the time and I could name several dodgies that do this regularly. Data scraping NOT REQUIRED for any of the above.

The DMP knows and hasn't got the resources to do anything about it. That's why the WA Mining Act is termed "a self policing act". YOU are the one that has to lodge an objection and prove it in court.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum