Sneak Peek GPZ 7000

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sneak Peek GPZ 7000

Post by NuggieDreamer on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:59 am

Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector

NEW GOLD TECHNOLOGY - UP TO 40% DEEPER*

*When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in testing environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions

Extreme Gold Depth
Maximum Gold Sensitivity
Precision Ground Balance
Enhanced Noise Immunity
Simple Menu System
Wireless Audio Freesom
GPS Locating and PC Mapping
Weatherproof Detecting (GPZ 14 coil fully waterproof to 1m)

Last edited by NuggieDreamer on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneak Peek GPZ 7000

Post by cruiser1 on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:06 am

Any mention of the price Nuggey.

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:08 am

Maximum Gold Sensitivity?????????????
Shouldn't this read "Maximum MetaL Sensitivity?"

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:09 am

cruiser1 wrote:Any mention of the price Nuggey.

Phil

Nah Phil, only got spammed the ad from 'The Miners Den', there is no mention of price yet sorry.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:23 am

So far price is 0.00

I will take 2

Being not near a Goldfield often I bought a CTX3030
for coins etc.

Its a great machine & very precise pinpointing
& tells you the depth .

If it has these features it will be Impressive

Looks like coil is 14" DD

Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:04 am

ha my landstar has an accurate digital readout showing depth and metal type discrimination and excellent for pinpointing and waterproof coil to 1 mt, all for $300. needs to have better features than that to impress me. its the emi protection and precision ground balancing giving the depth that your paying for. im concerned with inbuilt GPS systems, being the conspiracy theorist I am im thinking everytime you plug it into your computer it will transmit your gold locations to some geek or online database. the rest  of the features surely are gimmicks.

Last edited by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:14 am

Martin - Agree

Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:16 pm

Yep, mostly gimmick stuff suited to the American market where gimmicks are legion. But for the serious prospector, perhaps there's more than GPS, nice blinky lights etc. Does it go deeper? Is it more sensitive? etc. From the looks of those comments from Steve of America and Jonathan of "Oz", I'd expect to get those size pieces at those depths with anything from an SD2000 to a GPX5000.

But one big issue for me is,,,,,,,,,,from the look of that casing,,,,,,,,,Don't tell me!! Don't bloody tell me,,,,,,,,,pulleese!! Don't tell me ML have adopted the archaic use of AA or C cell batteries in this new machine!! FFS - Nooooooooo!!! I'd need a bloody "B" Double road train for enough batteries for a season!!

I'm willing to fork out the cash for one but if it's AA/CC cell batteries then a GPZ won't be in the back of my truck. AA Batteries went out with button up boots. I can't recall the last time I saw C cell batteries in places such as Leonora, Kal, Meeka etc. Let's hope I'm wrong. Just think of all those bloody batteries littering up the bush once more. We've only just cleared out the last lot from 30 years ago! Not "environmentally friendly" either.

Last edited by Wedgetail on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

nah Wedgetail the back part with the Minelab decal is the battery, its the same as the CTX, held in by two clips, lots of people used to whinge about the clips undoing on the CTX which i guess when under water could be a problem but i never had this problem, they used to also whinge about the o-ring shape gasket but once again i was always careful to make sure it was seated in its recess.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:29 pm

"Weatherproof Detecting (GPZ 14 coil fully waterproof to 1m)" is what it says. I would have thought Minelab would have tried to emulate the ML 3030, 2030, 1234 machines (or whatever they're called) and the Garret ATX and make the whole thing "water resistant to 10 mtrs". That is, you can go diving with them?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm

oh well, we'll have to wait and see what comparitive tests are done by the punters..

I have a golden rule on my boat---i dont go into their water, sharks dont come into my boat and i cant hold my breath for more than 20 seconds..

batteries are rechargeable so a second set of batteries will surfice--the batteries on the 2300 last all day swinging and they were invented when velcro came out...

dont see the point of anyone getting rattled over a new detector if u r swinging a 5k...if u r using the 5 with a 20" coil in deep ground and u have set the gear up properly then bobs hiding the gold. If u r using a 11" coil over the same ground then u would have walked over deeper gold.

u can only find deep gold in deep gravels, clays, floodplains etc--u wont find gold under the bedrock at 6"--well at least i havent and i hate getting wet.

so take a deep breath and play the waiting game.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Yeah I bought C cells in Leonora both at the supermarket and the servo. Damn expensive way to go though at about $18/day. Have to be rechargables.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:02 pm

only one stat I care about 40% more depth, Cool you can keep the other BS. will be good to see the reviews start to trickle in

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by thedigger on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm

I would say it will have lithium ion pack just like the 3030.

Regards Frank

thedigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

THATS IT TOM--THINK BIG--I'M STARTING TO LIKE IT ALREADY..

Regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:34 pm

So heres a sugestion--some of u maybe fortunate to have a small patch handy--its been floged to death by a GPX-with small and large coils..chained gridded etc--flogged.

When this baby rears its head then invite me done to show u if it can find anything deeper---u dig.

regrads
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

im sure UTBN is getting one as soon as they are available and he will give you the heads up on its performance, yep gotta run deeper now to get something worthwhile and the 5k has to be maxed out noisy or not. a nice quiet machine with great GB and with no lightning/EMI blips thats able to go 40% deeper is all you really need.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

There is a huge grey area in the statement made about its performance compared to the 5000.

We will have to wait and see.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm

I don't like the fact that you can not change coils

All Plastic ??

I will still be swinging my 4500 for some time yet I think

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

oneday wrote:
I have a golden rule on my boat---i dont go into their water, sharks dont come into my boat and i cant hold my breath for more than 20 seconds..
regards
oneday

You big sook  Razz   I guess we will never go fishing out near the islands.  It was brilliant bringing in the kids for the barbie until mum or dad got hooked and there was nothing better than snapping 120LB line fighting them  
And it was hand line, not rods.  Aaaah the good old days  kwdf      

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:41 pm

I went onto minelab.com as on the pic and it has no info on this detector, only 2300 and 5000 as the last machines released,
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:48 pm

just wondering this 40% I'm thinking we are only going to see the advantage in certain shitty ground types eg BIF, salt etc due to the new tech (flux capacitor) the performance in quiet ground will be about the same and be proportional to the coil size used.

Cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:41 pm

good question on depth Tom, up to 40% deeper is best in perfect conditions. you would hope to get at least 20 to 30% deeper in highly mineralized soils. now is the comparison with a 5k and standard 11 inch mono vs the GPZ7k with its 14 inch chipped coil cuz I feel a 14 inch mono on a 5k will give about the same depth gain anyway, can anyone confirm this?

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 9:31 am

Good to see I.ts eventuated, can't wait to get some early reports from the first mob that buy in .cheers albo.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 9:58 am

bit hard to compare at the moment martin--u need to take both machines out and physically compare them..i would test 14" and 18" on 5k with the 14" coil of the 7k--it seems that big is better on deeper soil types--but everyone knew that anyway.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum