FOX Lassiters Reef

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FOX Lassiters Reef

Post by cruiser1 on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:21 am

Next sunday 12th October on fox there is article about Lassiters Reef if anyone is interested,I believe its on the history channel.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Re: FOX Lassiters Reef

Post by aussie18 on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 6:29 am

cheers phil, will hit the record button

jase

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm

'Lasseter's Bones' (2013) Sun 5:30 - 7:30pm History Channel

His body found in 1931, His dying diary said, he discovered gold worth millions - but that he'd give it all for a loaf of bread.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by DEADPANDICK on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:22 pm

Delirious maybe.

DEADPANDICK

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:15 am

http://www.lasseteria.com/HOME.htm

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:14 am

DEADPANDICK wrote:Delirious maybe.

Delirious and a conman.  There is a lot on google about Lassetters last ride and I remember reading one of the reports written by one of the men on that trip.
What got me was Lassetters assertion that from Mt Marjorie (now Mt Leisler) they had to go approx 150 miles south.
Well using google earth, if you travel in a southerly direction approx 115 miles, you get to the Docker River settlement area.  In the 1930's there was no settlement and there is a report of mining interests in 1973 so there must have been something out there.
but it's also possible he really wanted to get to Hermannsburg but thats approx 220 miles in an easterly direction.  
Which ever way you look at it,  I reckon Lassetter was just looking for a free ride back to Alice Springs.
But then again, who knows.  Maybe there is a lost reef out there still to be found which I seriously doubt.
Exploration companies have covered this country and I'm sure if there was a big find we'd hear about it or maybe not and it's still out there waiting to be found, AGAIN  

And I think this is the real Lassetters last ride  

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 7:41 am

NuggieDreamer wrote:'Lasseter's Bones' (2013) Sun 5:30 - 7:30pm History Channel

His body found in 1931, His dying diary said, he discovered gold worth millions - but that he'd give it all for a loaf of bread.

I have that on DVD not as good as what i hoped it would be.

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by sandgroper on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 11:17 am

Didn't they reckon his watch was the wrong time, hence his calculations were wrong, that's why he couldn't find it again!!
sandgroper

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm

Lasseter's last resting place. Not far from Docker River. Pasted it a few weeks ago.

pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm

The thing is with this Lassiters, it was not a rich find at all at that time even if it exists anyway , supposedly 1-2 oz ton dirt , no rich samples presented or found at his resting place , there were much better finds elsewhere at the time , gold hanging out of quartz etc which other finds had . Many wa areas have proved that up , I don't think its an Eldorado at all , just my view & every second hill in the Pilbara can carry gold !
albo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum