Best small coil for 4500

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best small coil for 4500

Post by toad on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:47 am

Opinions wanted on the best small coil for the 4500.  Looking at the NF Sadie or maybe Coiltek Joey.
toad

Back to top Go down

Re: Best small coil for 4500

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:51 am

i preferr the 8" round commander..
i reckon its a tad better than the 8x6 but the sadie is very popular.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:26 pm

G,day Neil, using the 5k I have gone over patches with the 8" then hit it with the 8x6nf and found gold that the 8" missed, if you have the 11" round then the 8" isn't that much smaller, i havn't used the coiltec Joey.
$$$ might answer your question here as the 8x6 just went up $50 to around $290 i think,
Detech coils have a little 6" round for $220 and its waterproof,
the coiltec 6" is around $200
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm

Anyone using the Detech 6"?  Kinda leaning towards the Sadie at the moment as I have had good results with NF coils.  I need something to help me keep up with Mrs Toad and her 2300. lol! l;wfh
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 6:10 am

We have a Sadie and a joey. I tested the two and  I would say The Joey is more sensitive on tiny targets. this was done with a 4000,4500,5000 . The advantage also being whatever one you can boost the gain right up, It has little if not any interference around other detectors and there light as buggery .Disadvantage is little ground covered plus 6inch max depth give or take. good for cleaning up patches thou.  Joey has my vote!
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 8:16 am

toad wrote:Anyone using the Detech 6"?  Kinda leaning towards the Sadie at the moment as I have had good results with NF coils.  I need something to help me keep up with Mrs Toad and her 2300. lol! l;wfh

Neil I've seen you guys in action. Mrs Toad sure is doing well but from where I'm sitting you seem to be doing OK as well.
According to Jamie at PP mine should be finding the tiny bits too. I'm yet to see it as we only have one sub-gram bit so far. On the other hand it might have a bit to do with the driver. I'm a bit tone deaf from a few decades of over exposure but I think that should be corrected by the head phones and infinite adjustments.
I'm still using the DD coil as it seems to pick up the tinniest fragments of every other type of metal. Some of the wire looks like about 0.6 x 6mm long and has me digging 50mm down. Other fragments look like a chunk of the copper coating of a bullet but are small enough to have me searching through the final little scrap of dirt in the spade.
I've used the 8" mono but apart from being more difficult to run quietly over the hot rocks it doesn't seen to find as much of the little crap so that makes me think it is most likely missing the gold as well.
scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 1:23 pm

toad wrote:  I need something to help me keep up with Mrs Toad and her 2300. lol! l;wfh

Another 2300 perhaps. lol! lol! lol!

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:39 pm

Managed to snag a Sadie for a few days test so I'll see how it goes up against the 2300.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 6:44 am

The Sadie is definitely more sensitive than my 12" round mono and I have been picking up more small gold on flogged out spots like out at Camerons Patch but, it still battles to get a signal from some of the tiny bits the 2300 is picking up.
It's also very sensitive to hotrocks.  It was going cheap so now I'm it's new owner.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by clodhopper on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm

Good move Toadie,probably about as sensitive as you will get,although I find the little commander more stable to the point you can rub it into the ground and it's still quiet and closer to the target. Running the machines you are maybe think about a coil to punch as deep as possible while leaving her outdoors to clean up the rest? What a team.

clodhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:36 pm

Could well be the plan I'm thinking.  Today I went over an area that had previously been done by the Sadie.  Result with the 2300 was 15 ironstone/quartz species and 5 little bits for 0.8 grams.  The species would seem to have about 4+ grams in them.
toad

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum