Google Earth offline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google Earth offline

Post by Pebbles on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:42 pm

I am looking at using Google Earth offline. Specifically, I am looking for a program that automatically collects GE imagery that can be used offline with real time GPS tracking.

I have downloaded GE Voyager, but can’t seem to get it to work. I keep getting the error message “Some data is not correct. Please review your values”. I can’t see what I might be doing wrong, but suspect that it is because I am using a 64 bit processor.

It would be appreciated if anyone using GE offline could let me know if they have such a program or how they go about collecting the data for offline use.
Thanks.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Earth offline

Post by NuggieDreamer on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm

Never used GE Voyager, but Google Earth will run offline if you have saved the areas you want to go to in real time with a GPS conected, in the programs memory cache before going offline.  kwdf 
There is plenty of info on this in posts from a number of others...
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 6:28 pm

as nuggetdreamer says, you can do a flyover of the area you are interested in and it will be kept in cache so when you arrive plug in the gps and start it in G/earth. works well and its up to you how much detail you want by the zoom level you set.
I import all tenement info so I know exactly where I am, also its good to spend some time marking all old scrapping and mine shafts you see, I also overlay Geo Maps of the area for reference.
one of the better tools available IMO.
good luck

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wizman on Mon 04 May 2015, 10:31 am

Found a good way to create google earth pro base maps for Android smart phones if anyone is interested. The base maps can be hi res satellite views or geo referenced geological maps downloaded from the wa dmp data and software center. I use Back Country Navigator app to display and track them in real time in the field. You can of course overlay tenements and minedex information.   If any one is interested I can give details.
Cheers,
Wizman.

wizman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Mon 04 May 2015, 11:38 am

martinjsto wrote:as nuggetdreamer says, you can do a flyover of the area you are interested in and it will be kept in cache so when you arrive plug in the gps and start it in G/earth. works well and its up to you how much detail you want by the zoom level you set.
I import all tenement info so I know exactly where I am, also its good to spend some time marking all old scrapping and mine shafts you see, I also overlay Geo Maps of the area for reference.
one of the better tools available IMO.
good luck

Just to add to Martins post, what ever ya do DONT clean temp files before goin out as all the flyover
and zoom info will be gone, i learnt the hard way, get out bush, fire er up and Nooooooo jkihyig dambit All gone.

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

re Google Earth offline

Post by Goldiewa on Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:15 am

wizman wrote:Found a good way to create google earth pro base maps for Android smart phones if anyone is interested. The base maps can be hi res satellite views or geo referenced geological maps downloaded from the wa dmp data and software center. I use Back Country Navigator app to display and track them in real time in the field. You can of course overlay tenements and minedex information.   If any one is interested I can give details.
Cheers,
Wizman.

I would be interest in finding out how to do this with my Android Smartphone.  

Goldie

Goldiewa

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum