Sadie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sadie

Post by homer08 on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

What are peoples opinions on Sadie coils on a 4500, I'm told they are dynamite on the 5000 for fine gold.
Do they have any advantages on a 4500, would a 6" round coiltek be as effective on a 4500.
Thanks, Neil.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Re: Sadie

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 11:36 am

personally they work just as good as each other.
the 6" might have a very slight edge but unless u swing bloody slow and cover the area systematically u will miss gold.

they will go down to about 6" depending on the size of gold.

they come in handy when u want to go over old time mullock heaps etc..

6" is worth about $199
8x6" is about $299

hope that helps

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 12:18 pm

Thanks for the reply Ray, saves me spending when i dont need to.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 8:15 pm

little bit more ground coverage with the sadie, I have one and it works well on a 4500
pings the little buggers sweet as

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

how about a 8" commander mono? I have been thinking of adding one of these to the war chest

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:06 pm

Hi tom
they are also very good to pin point those crafty little buggers that got away from every one else..

Usually find that the round coils are a tad better than the elliptical ones..and really u don't need a small elliptical to get amoungst the spinny. U just need a longer shaft so if u happen to piss a snake of u have half a chance of getting out of the way. Say a 700mm shaft.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed on Fri 09 May 2014, 9:16 pm

Just finished a trip last week, and i was impressed with the Sadie coil, The thing i hated was digging 20 targets to make a gram.
Its a great clean up coil as the name suggests, i was amazed at the size of gold that was coming out of the ground with this coil, and it was very sensitive, i did not have any issues with hot ground or hot rocks with the coil.
I was using a 5K and fine gold timing.

Added some pictures to show you what was coming out of the ground with this thing at good depth.

Cheers

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 4:57 pm

Hello Everyone, sorry we haven't been on line for a long time, I was ill for a couple of months, fully recovered and hubby and I treated ourselves to a "Sadie Elipical" disc and off we went bush. Gosh how we have missed the loveliness of the bush and it calming effect on oneself. Stayed out of Meekatharra for 5 weeks.  Brilliant time, fire every night, hot toddies and bush camp food, what more could we ask for.  We were given permission to be on a lease that we have been to before two years ago and this area had been hammered over and over again but in the first day, I found two nuggets, 3.5grams and 4.3grams and over the next five weeks between us, we found 2 ounces of gold.  Sometimes, extremely small pieces 2grams but it all helps in the end.  Presently in Cue Caravan Park for 3 weeks and already Sadie has rewarded us with 7grams on ground that again has been hammered. Not many prospectors here in Cue. Will keep you posted on anymore finds.  Little Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm

...they all got washed away a couple of weeks back!
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Re: sadie

Post by aussie18 on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm

little gem and big gem.

it's amazing how  cue is deserted becoz the van park increased it's lot price for the van's, rain has long gone n.dreamer just double the price at the c.van park and that's enough to clear the place out.
and your pulling 13gram nugget's out of the place   
lot's of places to camp n the scrub

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:03 pm

Gotcha there Jase.

I know some poor bloke, who was staying there but had to ship out to make way for a booking that filled the place overnight (he didn't even need power, just wanted to be close to the pub and be close to a hot shower with the rain about and being an oldie and all... But they then said he can come back the following day WTF??
The types up there obviously are off the planet.   
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo on Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:45 am

First time out with a Sadie and pinged 2 oz at about 10 inches, been using it as needed in hard worked areas mainly to get right under bushes and between rocks with a good success rate, a very good product and go all day.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum