Boosters and Speakers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boosters and Speakers

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

I know we have talked about this subject before but I ain't got the energy to troll for the posts. Been doing some internet searching today, from what I see, they don't make the rooster booster to suite the GP series detectors or do they ?
And has anyone got any inside knowledge of these

Treasure Mate 11 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nugget Booster
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SuperSound [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Boosters & Speakers

Post by Yibidavid on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

Hey Cliff, I've been thinking of getting one myself for a while, sick of the black plastic peeling off & making me look Spear chucker didgeere. I have a GP3500 & checked out wwwminersden.com.au used to have one in Sth Ozzie but not showing on website. A new one has lwkgthgt opened up in Sth Brisbane , They are advertising SD/ GP Speaker Booster Combo $170 - good price compared to GPX ones. so hope that helps matey
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Re: Boosters and Speakers

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

I was thinking that one myself. I've heard good and bad about all makes, guess I just gotta spend the money and give it a go.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 5:13 am

i think the B&Z run with the GP detectors as JP always used them in his dvds.... i will always use the booster from now on best thing...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Cliff,

I've been using the DETacc from BendigoGold World for years and find them to be great. You can get them to suit the GPX's and they have plenty of grunt to power two external speakers. They are powered by the detectors battery. They also have a bypass switch which when activated provides just enough volume for pinpointing a larger target without your ears getting blown off !
Be aware though that they are NOT compatible with the GPX 4500/5000 batteries, as they have inbuilt boosters. I run mine from a Coiltek pocket rocket lithium ion battery system.

I did buy one of the Nugget-Booster amplifiers, but can not get enough grunt out of it for speakers !

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:51 pm

For your GP Extreme Cliff just go either the Coiltek mini booster, runs of ya tecta battery and loads of grunt or go the B&Z booster, runs on its own battery also grunty.
Speaker - make sure ya get the 5 watt not the 2 watt scratchy sounding one..

Pete

Back to top Go down

Re. Boosters and Speakers

Post by Hotrocks on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

Gooday Cliff. I also use the De-tac on my 4500 and the 5000, but, I use both machines with my 4000 battery! Works very well. I traded my 4000 last week for a CTX 3030, didn't trade the battery with it though. It's getting old now and I guess that when it carks it I will have to take apart the 4500 or 5000 batteries and disconnect the in built amp.

Cheers Hotrocks

Hotrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by decanfrost on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 9:59 pm

Is there a difference between a SIGNAL ENHANCER and a BOOSTER.
Thought someone once said Booster ,Boosts all sound ...whear as sig enhancer just target sound .
That being said whats in the Reedy,s lucky lark Li Ion battery Pack?????
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsa on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

I have the 5000
and find the rooster hard to set to levels
that do not blow you eardrums at every piece of junk
and not impact the soft targets

What audio settings do you use?

whatsa

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top